PDA

View Full Version : Your Local AudioPhile

vial
2010-01-14, 03:01 AM
yes i love audio :) Im a big fan of old skool Rock. IE Doors Zep ECT.....
i like all kinds of stuff most of my collection is MP3 :( SHAME On me. ive been recently getting into the Flac and raw Format's. I use to do a lot of ISO.

yes i have a nice car audio setup
Infinitys in my doors and alpine6x9's in the back and 12" kickers with 1,700 watts behind my seats in my truck.

next ill be building a home audio setup when i move in to my new house soon with my wonderful G.F

:D just wanted to say hi and thanks for having a nice forum Im glad i was able to find this place. :cool:

AAR.oner
2010-01-14, 09:58 AM
welcome

vial
2010-01-14, 11:53 AM
welcome

LoL love your avatar.

anyone know a good torrent app i can keep open just the torrents i want to seed for this forum ? i use bitornado atm each torrent is stand alone and once it's done i usly close it or i have 10-30 of these running witch clutter my desktop.

jamroom
2010-01-14, 11:59 AM
Unless you are on mac, get uTorrent (just google it). Very small footprint.

harpsichord
2010-01-14, 02:17 PM
I prefer Deluge, there's a version for any O/S.

http://deluge-torrent.org/

plaidsmythe
2010-01-14, 03:28 PM
I prefer Deluge, there's a version for any O/S.

http://deluge-torrent.org/

wow, that looks like uTorrent, almost exactly :lol4: what makes it a better choice, to you?

Thulani
2010-01-14, 03:41 PM
Deluge is a bit behind utorrent, but I use it because it's open source.
It also offers support for plugins. There were also some claims in the past that it could pass the filters made by ISPs to slow down bittorent traffic.

harpsichord
2010-01-14, 11:43 PM
wow, that looks like uTorrent, almost exactly :lol4: what makes it a better choice, to you?

I run Linux, and uTorrent doesn't have a client for it. I also use KTorrent for some sites, but here it shows as firewalled even though it's not, so Deluge gets the nod.

KTorrent does have a nice feature, though - you can kick or ban individual leechers. If I used that here, all those .21 ratio douchebags would get the heave-ho.

vial
2010-01-14, 11:44 PM
Deluge is a bit behind utorrent, but I use it because it's open source.
It also offers support for plugins. There were also some claims in the past that it could pass the filters made by ISPs to slow down bittorent traffic.

:D nice thanks guys I <3 open source I dont run it anymore atm but i do appreciate it

Ima try Deluge. That way i dont look like a Leech :D and its open source.

jamroom
2010-01-15, 09:18 AM
KTorrent does have a nice feature, though - you can kick or ban individual leechers. If I used that here, all those .21 ratio douchebags would get the heave-ho.

That's an interesting feature, though clearly they will get the download from other leechers. I have come across a couple of guys who have uploaded incomplete torrents and do not respond to offers of help or requests to remove the torrent. Deliberately being pricks? Who can tell. (not TTD)

Scott
2010-01-15, 09:41 AM
One Word - VINYL

trustthex
2010-01-15, 01:05 PM
I NEED to get my stereo setup this weekend. Thank you Scott for the vinyl comment, it will spur greatness!

vial
2010-01-16, 11:22 AM
That's an interesting feature, though clearly they will get the download from other leechers. I have come across a couple of guys who have uploaded incomplete torrents and do not respond to offers of help or requests to remove the torrent. Deliberately being pricks? Who can tell. (not TTD)

well it usly can take a min to build a ratio. Im working on it :D granet most good torrents are a few gig's But if you keep them open long enough you should build a ratio So im hopeing my 4gig/0.09gig ratio gets better :D thats why i was adding in my Hello thread i needed a good app to do so with :D I use to be part of a large FTP ring where i ran glFTPD.