PDA

View Full Version : Video software

AmazingPudding
2009-12-31, 09:58 AM
I am looking to purchase a new software program for burning my DVD torrents and other video files. I have been using Nero 8 since it came out and have looked at Nero 9. Just wondering if there is a more torrent friendly software out there. Any suggestions?

Thanks, AP

paddington
2009-12-31, 10:03 AM
Nero is still pretty good, if you install and choose options so you can skip all the BS add-ons from over the years.

for ISO and other images, IMGBURN is the way to go, imo.

ImgBurn supports a wide range of image file formats - including BIN, CUE, DI, DVD, GI, IMG, ISO, MDS, NRG and PDI.
It can burn Audio CD's from any file type supported via DirectShow / ACM - including AAC, APE, FLAC, M4A, MP3, MP4, MPC, OGG, PCM, WAV, WMA and WV.

You can use it to build DVD Video discs (from a VIDEO_TS folder), HD DVD Video discs (from a HVDVD_TS folder) and Blu-ray Video discs (from a BDAV / BDMV folder) with ease.

http://www.imgburn.com/

dcbullet
2009-12-31, 11:26 AM
Is there a reason I would pay for Nero vs using ImgBurn? Unless I am missing something, doesn't ImgBurn do everything?

I was using Nero but I lost the key so I was trying to decide if it was worth it to buy it again or just use ImgBurn.

AmazingPudding
2009-12-31, 12:10 PM
For some reason, i can't ever include the menu page successfully when i burn something that I d/l here in .VOB format. Nero 8 has e built in menu page creator and I am not smart enough(yet) to by-pass this and use what is in the torrent file. this is why I was asking about other software. Besides that, Nero is great.

rspencer
2009-12-31, 01:38 PM
Hell, I still use NERO 6.

You should burn the DVD download as-is, as a DATA DVD. The it'll work in your player, and you'll have everything there. NERO shouldn't be trying to change anything unless you're attempting in some way to "create" a new DVD.

lintoni
2009-12-31, 02:44 PM
For some reason, i can't ever include the menu page successfully when i burn something that I d/l here in .VOB format. Nero 8 has e built in menu page creator and I am not smart enough(yet) to by-pass this and use what is in the torrent file. this is why I was asking about other software. Besides that, Nero is great.

You could google "how to burn dvd using nero 8" and discover a guide such as this one (http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burning_dvd_with_nero.cfm) to make life easier for yourself and save wasting money on another piece of software that you can't be bothered to work out.

Five
2010-01-01, 05:16 PM
nero used to be great back around 2004 but these days its out of control bloatware. if you look up bloatware it will always have nero as a prime example :lol:

imgburn rules, nothing I haven't been able to do with it the last couple years. :D

AmazingPudding
2010-01-05, 04:40 AM
nero used to be great back around 2004 but these days its out of control bloatware. if you look up bloatware it will always have nero as a prime example :lol:

imgburn rules, nothing I haven't been able to do with it the last couple years. :D

Mnay thanks Five, I just d/l imgburn.

harpsichord
2010-01-05, 09:02 AM
I haven't used Windows in years, but when I did I used Nero 6 and Imgburn, and even though Imgburn took a little 'figuring out' it always did a great job for me. Recently a friend of mine had some problems with Nero and I suggested she look at Ashampoo, and she's had good success with it. They offer a free trial of their software, and an older, full version is available for free as well. For the first 10 days of 2010 they're offering ALL their software for $10 (the Burning Studio is normally $50). Just enter the coupon code 'happy2010'.

Might be worth checking out for you, here's a link:

http://www2.ashampoo.com/webcache/html/1/home_2_USD.htm