PDA

View Full Version : Upload and download numbers

celluloidheros
2009-12-15, 07:21 PM
Hello, I just joined a couple days ago and have downloaded a couple shows. I have my ports forwarded and get good download speeds (total speed around 1Mb/sec). I have my upload speed set at max but there are either 0 or maybe 1 peers/leaches on the torrents that I have downloaded. Therefore my ratio is very low, I have never dealt with ratios etc... but knowing how torrents work I understand the importance of seeding etc... How can I get my ratio up when people are not DL'ing the torrents that I have just DL'd ? I don't have any experience at uploading but i guess that I could learn. Thanks, CH

rspencer
2009-12-15, 08:05 PM
Upload new torrents. Join swarms early so that you get as much uploading while downloading time.

We don't enforce ratios here, but at the same time, there are no shprtages of people who might call you out on it.

willndmb
2009-12-16, 01:45 PM
UPLOAD QUESTION myself

i had fios 20 over 10 and recently got 25 over 15
with the 20/10 i could upload 250KB/s fine without having the connection dropped
what can i up it to now that i have a faster speed?
or should i leave it alone because my speed isn't the issue, its verizon and how much they allow you to use at once?

U2Lynne
2009-12-16, 04:17 PM
Have you done a speed test to see what your max upload and download speeds are now? It's not perfect, but it should give you a good idea of what you can do now.

rspencer
2009-12-16, 04:27 PM
http://www.speedtest.net/

willndmb
2009-12-16, 04:54 PM
thanks
turned it up to 750kb/s
we will see if i get booted and go from there

dude87
2009-12-17, 04:15 PM
thanks
turned it up to 750kb/s
we will see if i get booted and go from there

So far, Verizon FiOS has no caps on uploads. I've been a FiOS customer for 3 or 4 years with no issues whatsoever. The FiOS line into your house is a dedicated resource, it's not shared like a cable modem connection so they don't have a reason to not let you use your full bandwidth.