PDA

View Full Version : Compact Flash/SD Flash file recovery...???

ballsdeep
2009-12-09, 02:49 AM
Compact Flash is a 256MB card, I KNOW there's pictures on there, it wasn't bumped/dropped or anything, but I can't get anything off of the card...the lil' flashlight will roll around for a bit, then say "insert card" when the card is inserted into my card reader (it reads 15 different kinds of cards, $25 from the locak photo shop).

the SD Flash is a 4 gig, it has, in this order:

Tesla Denver soundcheck - intact (45m)
Tesla Denver show - missing/erased (1 hr, 50m)
Alvin Youngblood Hart Denver show - missing or not, can't remember (40m)
NMAS Denver show - intact (all Feb 12/14 '08) (2hr 45m)

the Edirol hit the ground while playing, but not with full force, as I jerked the cord back before full impact, Edirol is fine, still records.

funny part is, the Tesla show WASN'T playing, the NMAS part was, yet the NMAS is there, the Tesla isn't...???

any ideas???

I'll spend $$$ if necessary.

my goal is to dump the soundcheck/AYH/NMAS onto the harddrive, then maybe try to extract the missing Tesla Denver, but have no idea how to go about it.

help, please!

fucking digital...

rspencer
2009-12-09, 04:08 PM
Put the card back into the R-09. Go into the menu, I believe under SD card. There should be an option for "Repair" or something like that. Hit that, and the R-09 will fix any corrupt headers or the like.

Sorry for being vague, but the option only shows up if there's a problem, so I can't use my R-09 to give it step-by-step.

I have used it before, and it did work.

Good luck.

Lzndr
2009-12-09, 09:35 PM
Put the card back into the R-09. Go into the menu, I believe under SD card. There should be an option for "Repair" or something like that. Hit that, and the R-09 will fix any corrupt headers or the like.

Sorry for being vague, but the option only shows up if there's a problem, so I can't use my R-09 to give it step-by-step.

I have used it before, and it did work.

Good luck.

yeah, the word "repair" isn't showing up.

there's 6 files, the first one is there, and actually the rest are gone, instead of a 44.1 sample rate, it says 5.2.

reading the instructions right now about 'copying'...

Lzndr
2009-12-09, 10:21 PM
whooops, forgot I posted from Dave's account...sorry

rspencer
2009-12-10, 05:48 PM
Dave's not here, man.

sanpablobay
2009-12-10, 10:28 PM
i successfully used this program to recover .wav files from a CF card when i mistakenly started formatting over a show on it and from a different CF card when i had an error saying "parameters incorrect". hope it helps.

http://www.cardrecovery.com/

ballsdeep
2009-12-12, 01:11 AM
i successfully used this program to recover .wav files from a CF card when i mistakenly started formatting over a show on it and from a different CF card when i had an error saying "parameters incorrect". hope it helps.

funny, I emailed them regarding the card, and the person said they didn't think they could help me.

it DIDN'T work on my photo card, maybe I'll give the flash card a shot on Sunday...

ballsdeep
2009-12-15, 02:34 AM

so now the plot thickens...

this site, when I emailed them, told me after I explained the situations, that I was fucked on the audio card, but should be fine on the photo card.

instead, the converse is true.

the 256MB photo card, it says EVERY sector is bad and nothing is recoverable.

the 4 gig audio card, it says has NO bad sectors, and all 3839MB ARE recoverable...but it broke the card into 30 "files" even though there were only 6 originally, and they want 40 bucks.

would I need to 'splice' them back together?

any help, again, would be appreciated...

lintoni
2009-12-15, 08:21 AM
so now the plot thickens...

this site, when I emailed them, told me after I explained the situations, that I was fucked on the audio card, but should be fine on the photo card.

instead, the converse is true.

the 256MB photo card, it says EVERY sector is bad and nothing is recoverable.

the 4 gig audio card, it says has NO bad sectors, and all 3839MB ARE recoverable...but it broke the card into 30 "files" even though there were only 6 originally, and they want 40 bucks.

would I need to 'splice' them back together?

any help, again, would be appreciated...

shntool, or just about any audio editor would re-join the files without too much trouble. If they've recovered all the data, you'd be able to re-create the original files without any loss.

ballsdeep
2009-12-15, 05:33 PM
shntool, or just about any audio editor would re-join the files without too much trouble. If they've recovered all the data, you'd be able to re-create the original files without any loss.

good to know.

is shntool a site, or an app, or what exactly???

xjsb125
2014-09-13, 08:35 PM
My .02 is a file program called Recuva. It's freeware and not loaded down with a bunch of adds or nonsense. It's especially helpful if you accidentally delete something then clear out the recycle bin. So long as the sectors haven't been written over, or aren't corrupted (which appears to be an issue on one of your cards), it usually is able to pull the file from the abyss. The most important thing that you can do right now is not write any additional info to the cards, and only access them sparingly.

Limulus
2014-09-22, 07:45 AM
"RescuePRO Deluxe" is a program that helped me last year re-getting deleted pictures from an Overkill show. the thing worked like 20h(!) on the SanDisk SD card (32gb) and not only rescued all missing pictures but more: pictures from like 3 months(!) before! that part was a little scary as i've formated the card a couple of times since! so beware if you're giving used SD cards to someone else.

Jay
2014-09-23, 06:31 AM
NEVER trust one back up source for your data :)

ballsdeep
2014-12-01, 12:46 AM
bump.

never resolved this, and am itching to listen.

dasmueller
2014-12-01, 07:49 AM
My .02 is a file program called Recuva. It's freeware and not loaded down with a bunch of adds or nonsense. It's especially helpful if you accidentally delete something then clear out the recycle bin. So long as the sectors haven't been written over, or aren't corrupted (which appears to be an issue on one of your cards), it usually is able to pull the file from the abyss. The most important thing that you can do right now is not write any additional info to the cards, and only access them sparingly.

+1 on this program. I have used it in the past to recover lost files from a SD card.

ballsdeep
2014-12-02, 01:11 PM
+1 on this program. I have used it in the past to recover lost files from a SD card.

I paid the $40 (and it goes by a LOT of names, or it's not just Wondershare/Recuva) and extracted all the files in every manner possible (.wav, raw, partition fix, blah blah)

and they're still, as is, just a 10m loop of the 1st 10m of the soundcheck...over all 4 files...nearly 6 hours

how do you you look at the raws (what do you open them in), and how do you attempt to fix headers (which is what I guess happened)

never added any info to the card, or wrote over anything, it locks up the Edirol when you put it in there, but the card reader on the cpu can look at the files, they're the right size, etc...

https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/30/871426

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/remote-possibilities-acoustic-music-location-recording/586760-batteries-died-lost-recording-how-can-i-recover.html

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=72936.0

this third link is VERY interesting, but I can't seem to get the damn thing to work....