PDA

View Full Version : DVD MENU

PEPPER
2009-12-08, 03:54 AM
I recently burnt a dvd of some footage i did of a great u2 tribute band.It has 3 menus,the first and third you can navigate through the song selection with no problem.With the 2nd menu it seems to skip some tracks using the basic up and down keys on the dvd remote.If you use the left and right it somehow highlights the tracks that were skipped over.I cant quite understand why this is happening,as it seemed fine when i checked the project before burning.Its not a major problem,but slightly irratating.Anyone have any idea why this may have happened.

Silver Stallion DVDs
2009-12-08, 04:41 AM
What program did you use to author the DVD? Most authoring programs allow you to set the direction the cursor goes in the DVD menu based on which of the four arrows you push on the remote control.

Some programs don't do a good job of defaulting to what should be the next logical destination within a menu (DVD Architect for example) and you have to go through and fix most of the links - and other programs do a great job in this regard (TMPGenc DVD Author for example).

PEPPER
2009-12-08, 04:54 AM
I use nero,and have never had any problems with it since ive used it for the last few years.Ive also filmed/tramsferred/burnt a show the exact same way and had no problems,so im a bit confused.What ive filmed is just for my own viewing and for the band to have a copy,but it would be nice to know how to correct it.