PDA

View Full Version : Copied tape to hard drive with Audacity. Now what?

justsomeguy
2009-11-30, 08:21 PM
A friend gave me a tape of a live show and asked me to transfer it to CD for him. So, I plugged a tape deck into my computer and used Audacity to record the show. It sounds pretty good. Now, I want to cut the show into tracks, without interrupting the flow or leaving any gaps between pieces. (I know about burning DAO, but I do not know how to carve the Audacity file into tracks with no gaps). Are there any good tutorials that anyone can suggest?

There is a little hiss, but I am not going to bother with that because it seems like trying to remove hiss can do more harm than good. (Especially when done by a beginner like me).

Many thanks.

tonebloke
2009-12-01, 12:06 AM
If the rip is Wave use CDWave to cut it into single tracks.

AAR.oner
2009-12-01, 08:00 AM
you can also splits tracks using Audacity:

1. Open your wave, Edit->Move Cursor...->Track Start and hit command-B.
2. Locate all your track splits and mark each one by hitting command-B.
3. Go to File->Export Multiple, select WAV as the export format, Split files based on:Labels, Name files:Numbering consecutively, hit Export.

You'll now have a nice set of consecutively numbered split tracks but they are not cut on sector boundaries. Fear not.

4. Open xACT or TLH and go to its fix SBE tab.
5. Add your freshly split WAV's, making extra sure that they appear in the correct order. Ignore the MD5 options, select your output format of choice and hit the Fix button.
6. Admire your handiwork.

Ziggzzster
2009-12-01, 01:51 PM
To get Audacity to cut on the sector boundaries:

View|Set Selection Format|cdda min:sec:frames 75fps
Edit|Snap-To|Snap On

It doesn't retain the settings after closing though