PDA

View Full Version : HELP WITH TAG AND RENAME COVER ART

mickinblack
2009-11-26, 04:14 AM
I have recently started to put all my bootlegs on to there own hard drive, this is going to take some time. I am useing softwere called tag and rename to have all my cds(bootlegs) in order i want with tracklisting etc
Ok i have and understand how to rename albums tracks etc my problem is how do i add my own art work i have, I have all the art work on the hard drive but how do i add it to tag and rename so when you click the album it comes up. I no this is easy to do with offical realses on amazon but how do you add your own art work.
Will i need some other sort of softwere for this.
I want to have all my bootlegs on a hard drive to manage them i use tag and rename to change information use media monkey as a juke box and play them thtough winamp...
Any help advice be great
Mick

direwolf-pgh
2009-11-26, 10:51 AM
Winamp Pro allows you to Right-Click an album (send to) > Auto Tag

(also you can select entire albums and easily bulk update Artist/Album/Date
..which leaves only the song tracks to sort out - big time saver!)

Foobar2000 has a plugin called 'Live Show Tagger' (will parse .txt file > to Tags)

(problem is not every .txt is in the 'correct format' to parse - you'll need to adjust each .txt)

Album Art is easy:
Place .jpg in folder > rename to > folder.jpg
if your download didnt include hi-res art then google image search is your friend.
I'll post a script later that will auto-rename any/all .jpg's (within folder/ all subdirectories) to folder.jpg

these two methods worked best for myself (TB's of untagged music..ugh!). I'd like to hear what others used.
there is no solution that works 100% with live shows - it can take months.

hope this helps :) happy thanksgiving

mickinblack
2009-12-06, 09:59 AM
Still having problems with this
Im useing tag and rename all is fine except with the art work.
You have 2 boxes at top on left side
on right is called folder cover art
on the lefft side file cover art
Now the file cover art i can do but its the 1st box called folder cover art that i carnt do much with unless i down load from amazon.
I have tried to put a picture in the propites but this dont come out on the box called folder cover art.
Does anyone no how i can get my own pictures into the box in tag and rename called folder cover art.
I have no option called album art
i have 2 boxes called 1.folder cover art
2.file cover art

Its the folder cover art i need help with.

Graebeard
2013-03-10, 02:39 PM
Adding a graphic to the Folder Cover Art is easy. Grab a .jpg from the 'net and save it into the Desktop. Then click and drag it into the Tag & Rename Folder Cover Art box.

My problem is doing that type of thing for the File Cover Art box. Can't figure that one out. I want to put the same jpg in both.

Any ideas... anyone?

dasmueller
2013-03-10, 04:24 PM
I use Mp3Tag for adding cover art. I find the art I want to use and rename to cover.jpg. I then put it in the folder for the bootleg I am working on. Open Mp3Tag and select the bootleg folder. Click select folder which well then show all the track files on your screen. Highlight all the files and then right click. From the little popup screen click extended tags. Click the yellow box to the right under Cover. See below.

Click on the cover.jpg file to select it which will be on a new screen and then click OK. The artwork is then embedded in the files.

paddington
2013-03-10, 08:55 PM
Mp3Tag is great.
I also use Tag&Rename for some things.

iTunes also works incredibly well (versions before 11.x) for organizing a massive catalog.