PDA

View Full Version : help (guide?) for using alternate audio for DVD show

msimon7
2009-11-04, 10:48 PM
hello.
i have a dvd bootleg coming to me shortly that i also have a soundboard copy of the show.
the video/dvd has no menus or anything, just the show on video (with it's cam audio). i really want to replace the audio with the sbd discs i have.

from what i'd gather i'd split the audio and video from the dvd (best app for this?)
then since i have sony vegas 9, i was assuming i could bring the video and new audio tracks into that to get the picture and sound to line up.
also have adobe audition 2 to modify/stretch/shrink the audio where needed, but assuming i should do this all in vegas so i can eyeball that it is lining up correctly.

this process of replacing/lining up, i've been searching around the net and have some good starting points, but since there are so many fantastic boots on this site that have done exactly what i want to do, i figured i would ask here first. may save me countless hours of frustration too...

thanks for any insight. and thanks to the posters for the great show.

msimon7
2009-11-05, 09:26 PM
sadly i searched around the net for tips, had i just searched here first, i wouldn't have posted. got good tips right from this forum. so i have enough to go on to cause some damage. may return with specific question(s) if i get stuck... thanks for viewing...

Five
2009-11-06, 01:07 AM
if you didn't find this one yet, check here (esp post #6)
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37589

have fun! take your time