PDA

View Full Version : so whats wrong with this lineage?

willndmb
2009-10-28, 08:04 PM
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=77117
i didn't get a reply to my pm
please inform me of how this is any different then the other vhs conversions i and many others have done here
thanks

mdshrk1
2009-10-28, 09:41 PM
Aside from the fact that this:

Taper - unknown/withheld
Source - ?VHS? > AVI
Conversion - withheld
AVI > iMovie > DVDSP

says nothing, the lineage is fine.

willndmb
2009-10-28, 09:52 PM
ok smart ass so whats the problem?

taper - unknown/withheld (since the crew member who did it prob doesn't want to lose his job)
source - ?VHS? > AVI (unknown generation vhs > AVI files)
conversion - (those avi files imported into iMovie, chapters set and put on dvd via studio pro)

hows that any different then this http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=70992&highlight=dave+matthews
or this http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=70282&highlight=dave+matthews
or this
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=74931&highlight=dave+matthews
want me to keep going?

they are all VHS > DVD via avi/dv files
just because this has the taper wishing to be anonymous?? or because it was done on 2 different computers??

paddington
2009-10-28, 09:55 PM
if you do keep going, be more civil else this will be off to teh lounge where you can call the rhino a smartass or anything else you want.

willndmb
2009-10-28, 09:57 PM
if you do keep going, be more civil else this will be off to teh lounge where you can call the rhino a smartass or anything else you want.

i'm being civil
he gave a smart ass answer

back to the topic as a moderator/staff can you inform me of the issue here?

paddington
2009-10-28, 10:01 PM
we're respectful of each other so, though I see what I think is a problem, I'll let the Video BT mod discuss this with you.

The Rhino wasn't being a smartass, btw. He was answering your question.

willndmb
2009-10-28, 10:05 PM
we're respectful of each other so, though I see what I think is a problem, I'll let the Video BT mod discuss this with you.

The Rhino wasn't being a smartass, btw. He was answering your question.

thank you

for the record i am not trying to be a jerk i am seriously wondering what the problem is/was
and if rhino was not being a smartass then i misread the post and apologize

rspencer
2009-10-29, 03:42 AM
Just for the record, that's a hippo, not a rhino.

lintoni
2009-10-29, 03:56 AM

Thanks for clarifying the lineage of the beast.

AAR.oner
2009-10-29, 10:38 AM
can't speak for the VBT mod who pulled it, but i'm *guessing* it was seen as being from a "lossy" avi source and/or that the lineage wasn't clear enough/have enough details to fit our standards

but from what you said above, sounds like it was captured into RAW AVI [or DV AVI] format, which would make it perfectly fine for u/ling here...so i think if the lineage were a bit clearer it would be allowed to be re-u/led here...something like:

[I]Source: VHS(x) > unknown transfer device > RAW AVI [incl. specs if ya can]
Transfer: RAW AVI > iMovie > DVDSP

daddyray
2009-10-29, 11:08 AM
that damned Hippo!

willndmb
2009-10-29, 11:35 AM
can't speak for the VBT mod who pulled it, but i'm *guessing* it was seen as being from a "lossy" avi source and/or that the lineage wasn't clear enough/have enough details to fit our standards

but from what you said above, sounds like it was captured into RAW AVI [or DV AVI] format, which would make it perfectly fine for u/ling here...so i think if the lineage were a bit clearer it would be allowed to be re-u/led here...something like:

[I]Source: VHS(x) > unknown transfer device > RAW AVI [incl. specs if ya can]
Transfer: RAW AVI > iMovie > DVDSP

i think you are right
i have been in contact with a vt mod and hope my clearer explanation will allow it to be shared for others to see
thanks

willndmb
2009-10-29, 11:55 AM
fixed thanks mods

saltman
2009-10-29, 12:04 PM
For the record. This is not a 24 hr walmart kind of place. Answers may take more than 5 minutes. Maybe even 12 hrs.

For any others that read this.

The reason it was pulled was a misunderstanding regarding the term "withheld" and how it related to the transfer.

aar.oner guessed correct.

ccrider895
2009-10-31, 04:36 PM

Thanks for clarifying the lineage of the beast.

:thumbsup