PDA

View Full Version : Newb Needs Help, MAC Users...

zappasatan
2009-09-29, 07:39 PM
Okay here's the story... Nice and EASy...

I have a MAC. I want Shows. Live Shows. I see a lot of Live shows I would like to Download.

Cant seem to get them going cause it downloads the shows in RAR format. I Do USE limewire and that seems to be my Default for most Downloads.

What am I doing wrong? Why are RAR files not downloading on my Comp? Or is this the wrong way to go Anyway...

Like I said I am a very fresh noob when it comes to downloading shows. I have used Limewire for MANY years and have that down pat, but this whole FLAC and RAR and other assorted stuff is past me at this moment.

Can ANYONE help a Noob out, and be their Jedi Master for a bit?

Specs: Mac 10.5 OSX and I want to make tons of CD's. I Love CD's. For My personal Collection of course. I would ALWAYS prefer soundboards only.

U2Lynne
2009-09-29, 09:16 PM
You should probably check out the FAQ and read up on bittorrent. We don't have any rar files here, so I'm not sure why you are bringing them up.

DustyDan
2009-09-29, 09:27 PM
Sorry, don't know anything about Limewire other than things I've heard of past problems. You won't find any RARs here. Yay. Forget those RARs. I use Transmission for my download client and then take those downloaded FLACs and run them through xACT. It's almost too easy. And both Transmission and xACT are free. And Transmission is updated regularly.

lintoni
2009-09-30, 02:17 AM
I'm not a mac user, but there must be a dedicated download manager available? It's got to be a better bet than limewire.

AAR.oner
2009-09-30, 06:24 AM
its all in the FAQ [link above top of page]