PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop transparancies

tgunn2760
2009-09-26, 10:06 AM
Does anyone who has Photoshop know who to make a transparancy of a jpeg file, and would he or she make one of a jpeg I can upload here?

AAR.oner
2009-09-26, 10:59 AM
a transparency for an overhead projector?

PowerWindows
2009-09-26, 10:59 AM
Does anyone who has Photoshop know who to make a transparancy of a jpeg file, and would he or she make one of a jpeg I can upload here?

JPEG doesn't support transparency, but PNG does. In PS, open the JPEG, duplicate the background layer and delete the original background layer. Then, select the parts you want to be transparent (using the marquee tool or magic wand tool) and delete them. The transparent sections will show up as white and grey checkers. When you're done, save the file as a PNG file.

tgunn2760
2009-09-26, 11:21 AM
JPEG doesn't support transparency, but PNG does. In PS, open the JPEG, duplicate the background layer and delete the original background layer. Then, select the parts you want to be transparent (using the marquee tool or magic wand tool) and delete them. The transparent sections will show up as white and grey checkers. When you're done, save the file as a PNG file.

You are correct about PS not supporting JPEG, I had forgotten about that.

I no longer have PS on my PC so I will need someone to do it for me. If anyone is willing.

It's a logo I will be using on authored DVDs.

PowerWindows
2009-10-02, 10:00 AM
You are correct about PS not supporting JPEG, I had forgotten about that.

I no longer have PS on my PC so I will need someone to do it for me. If anyone is willing.

It's a logo I will be using on authored DVDs.

Hey, I'd be willing! :) Just attach it here, or post a link, whatever, and I'll see what I can do. :cool:

tgunn2760
2009-10-02, 08:39 PM
Hey, I'd be willing! :) Just attach it here, or post a link, whatever, and I'll see what I can do. :cool:

Thanks...I will up both and see which one works out best.

Thanks.

PowerWindows
2009-10-03, 03:56 PM
Thanks...I will up both and see which one works out best.

Thanks.

I quickly did the first one. Will that be good, or do you want to see the second one, too?

tgunn2760
2009-10-05, 09:07 AM
I quickly did the first one. Will that be good, or do you want to see the second one, too?

That's fine thanks.

:thumbsup