PDA

View Full Version : tmpgenc 3 without re-encode?

darkside02
2009-09-25, 06:50 PM
hi there, I just upgraded my TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.5 to the 3 version because of a few dvds 1.5 version won't take. Plus, on this 3 version there are chances to add audio tracks onto the menus and all that.

I took a PAL dvd which is about 1.30 hrs and I needed a 3 min clip. I cut the rest and I created a dvd without menu or any fancy stuff, just the clip.

With the 1.5 version it would normally took less than a minute to create that clip. It took nearly 20 min in this case.

The original dvd has a video bitrate of nearly 3 kbps and for some reason, I noticed the clip I made is now 5 kbps. Which makes me think there was definitely some re-authoring done.

Is there an option to avoid that in this particular version of the software? any suggestions to avoid re-encoding?

thanks

Thulani
2009-09-26, 03:47 AM
TMPGENC usually re-encodes only a few frames at the beginning and at the end of the movie. 20 minutes it's a long encoding time for a 3 minutes clip. It usually encodes the whole clip when it doesn't like the video stream.

You said that you changed from 1.5 to 3 because the old version didn't like some DVD. Is this movie one of those? Try another with another DVD, see if you have same problem.

peaktime
2009-09-26, 12:16 PM
try videoredo

I want to edit a dvd made on a SA so AC3 here, does this mean it will definitely re-encode and be lossy? It was transferred from VHS and has snippets of the commercials etc. that I wish to cut out.

I have both Vegas Pro 9 and TMPGenc 3 and am trying to figure out how to use them, if there are any good tutorials someone could link it might help me.
I recommend trying out VideoReDo. It will allow you to cut out ads, without re-encoding the video.

http://www.videoredo.com (You can download a fully functional 30-day trial version)