PDA

View Full Version : Need software to split show into tracks

GOJOHNNYGO
2009-08-07, 11:14 AM
I;m looking for an easy to use freeware that create tracks on large audio file.
NPR.org has all the sets from Newport 2009 available to download, unfortunatley they're not tracked. I tried audacity, and can't figure out how to use it. Any help would be appreciated

asdf29
2009-08-07, 11:34 AM
I remember looking at audacity a few years ago, I couldn't figure it out either.

I use a software I've had sice 2003. It's old, no one else uses it. Sony EZ Audio.
I love using it, it's very easy and user friendly. Not free, $40 at amazon.

Thulani
2009-08-07, 01:38 PM
You can split tracks with audacity using labels.
You can add a label using ctrl+B or Tracks => Add Label at Selection.
After you finished labeling the show. File => Export Multiple => Your Own Settings.

To avoid SBE in Audacity, in the Selection Toolbar (bootom of the program), check the Snap box, and select CDDA frames (click on the down arrow in the time box).

dcbullet
2009-08-07, 03:01 PM
CDWave is sharehware, not freeware, but it is fairly cheap and splits on sector boundaries. That's my recommendation.

dorrcoq
2009-08-07, 03:04 PM
Spend the $15 or whatever it is and get CD Wave Editor.

Horace
2009-08-07, 08:27 PM
I use EAC. It is free. You can easily create CUE files and then burn with the CUE file. This breaks the large file into individual files.

dealtadawn
2009-08-08, 10:08 AM
I used to use EAC but it seems the site is down or gone. I couldn't find a place to d/l it. Thoughts?

AAR.oner
2009-08-08, 10:58 AM
tracking with Audacity is simple...

To track:
1. Open your wave, Edit->Move Cursor...->Track Start and hit command-B.
2. Locate all your track splits and mark each one by hitting command-B.
3. Go to File->Export Multiple, select WAV as the export format, Split files based on:Labels, Name files:Numbering consecutively, hit Export.

You'll now have a nice set of consecutively numbered split tracks but they are not cut on sector boundaries. Fear not.

4. Open xACT [Mac] or TLH [PC] and go to its fix SBE tab.
5. Add your freshly split WAV's, making extra sure that they appear in the correct order. Ignore the MD5 options, select your output format of choice and hit the Fix button.
6. Admire your handiwork.

AAR.oner
2009-08-08, 10:59 AM
I used to use EAC but it seems the site is down or gone. I couldn't find a place to d/l it. Thoughts?

http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

GOJOHNNYGO
2009-08-09, 07:52 AM
Thank everyone...I got CDwav, It works great.

dealtadawn
2009-08-09, 09:05 AM
thanks! the eac site must have been temp down. praying this will help me get the flipping files burned.

rherron
2009-08-10, 04:51 PM
GoldWave. Free to try. Splits on sector boundaries.

Five
2009-08-11, 01:39 PM
goldwave is not recommended ... it does split on the boundaries but upon closer examination adds dither (small amount of noise) over everything for no reason. at least that's what I found when I tested it a few years back.

epitaphlvr
2009-08-15, 08:46 PM
tracking with Audacity is simple...

Hell yeah thats way easier and faster than how I was doing it.:thumbsup thanks!