PDA

View Full Version : Uploads

esibo
2009-07-31, 11:05 AM
I am having real difficulty uploading downloads from my end. Seems the problem relates to torrents from the tradersden since uploads to demonoid do not seem to be affected. I am really confused because my share ratio is way down the 'toilet' because of this problem. I have uTorrent client (v. 1.8)upload/download is 422/296kbs. I have a dsl and provider is Verizon. Run Windows XP on P3 computer with 120GB HD and T1 external HD. I am downloading to the internal HD which has enough space (25%).

I have tweaked my uTorrent client many times to get a good upload speed but nothing is happening. I mean when a download is completed, it simply sits there seeding but no uploads. The tracker information indicates it is working.

What is baffling is I have no problems with downloads/uploads to demonoid. At this rate, I may have to stop downloads since my share ratio will drop to the minus if I cannot start giving back. Currently, I have six files seeding but not 1kbs of data uploaded.

Anyone with any idea on how to solve this problem. By the way, if I use Vuze, I get the same problem. I am not NAT firewalled.

HELP!!

U2Lynne
2009-07-31, 06:16 PM
Currently you are trying to seed 4 shows here. Three of those shows have 0 leechers, so you won't be able to seed them. The other one has 1 leecher and 7 seeders, so you aren't going to be able to seed back much there either. In order to get your ratio up, you need to actually seed to leechers. Seeding shows with no leechers will do no good at all to your ratio.

Jetrell69
2009-07-31, 06:21 PM
I am having real difficulty uploading downloads from my end. Seems the problem relates to torrents from the tradersden since uploads to demonoid do not seem to be affected. I am really confused because my share ratio is way down the 'toilet' because of this problem. I have uTorrent client (v. 1.8)upload/download is 422/296kbs. I have a dsl and provider is Verizon. Run Windows XP on P3 computer with 120GB HD and T1 external HD. I am downloading to the internal HD which has enough space (25%).

I have tweaked my uTorrent client many times to get a good upload speed but nothing is happening. I mean when a download is completed, it simply sits there seeding but no uploads. The tracker information indicates it is working.

What is baffling is I have no problems with downloads/uploads to demonoid. At this rate, I may have to stop downloads since my share ratio will drop to the minus if I cannot start giving back. Currently, I have six files seeding but not 1kbs of data uploaded.

Anyone with any idea on how to solve this problem. By the way, if I use Vuze, I get the same problem. I am not NAT firewalled.

HELP!!

Maybe, if you downloaded something more popular (even if you don't like it) and seed that....you might have a better chance. You cannot seed to leechers who are not there......although I believe our wonderful Lynne already pretty much said that.....

:)

paddington
2009-07-31, 06:48 PM
^^^ this is a good method for fixing a ratio.

just contribute by helping a popular torrent go faster.. you can just delete the audio once you've seeded to 5:1 or something like that.