PDA

View Full Version : torrents/Traders little helper

landesm
2009-06-12, 01:49 PM
Hi, always glad to visit.
I have trader's little helper.
I'm sure anyone who knows it, who knows what they are doing (I don't)
can help me. :)
On previous machines, it didn't get into the act. I just selected a torrent to download and I was running. but I'm on a new machine and
When I select a download, little helper automatically opens and "checks"
the torrent. That's it. when I close little helper, there is still no torrent.
downloading. Now I've gone to torrents menu and I see there are "check" and "create options. And when I select "create" a little page of options opens up, but I don't know the vernacular so I don't know what any of it means.
Please help, and thanks so much in advance. You guys are the best.
:wave:

U2Lynne
2009-06-12, 01:54 PM
Trader's Little Helper is not a bittorrent client. It is an application used for lossless files. You need to download and install a bittorrent client in order to download shows. The two most popular ones are uTorrent and Azureus/Vuze.

landesm
2009-06-12, 04:44 PM
Hi Lynne,
I have utorrent.:wave:

landesm
2009-06-13, 09:10 PM
Hi again Lynne
I may have been misunderstood.
I didn't mean to suggest that I'd taken your very good advice.
I meant to tell you that I already had utorrent and somehow
little trader was stepping in and creating the difficulty I've described.
I'm sure I just need to hit the right option(s) in little trader to then get things going again with utorrent, but as I said, I don't really know what to do.

U2Lynne
2009-06-13, 10:38 PM
Actually, it's probably not anything you need to tell TLH, but instead something you need to tell your PC. Thing is, I can tell you how to associate a file type with an application on a Mac, but I can't do that for you on a PC. Maybe somebody else will come in here and help out with that.

landesm
2009-06-13, 11:23 PM
thanks for reply. A you're helpful even when you haven't got an answer for me. (jeez, that really sounds kiss-ass doesn't it. :wave:)

GRC
2009-06-14, 11:47 AM
Google "Change file type associations windows xx" where xx is your version of windows, whether 3.1, 3.11, ME, XP, Vista - whatever.

You should find a few pointers to the info you seek.

Come back if that doesn't help....

roann
2009-06-15, 12:02 PM
Open µTorrent. Go to Options > Preferences > General. Press the Associate with .torrent files button. Close the dialog with the Ok button.

landesm
2009-06-16, 10:24 PM
Open µTorrent. Go to Options > Preferences > General. Press the Associate with .torrent files button. Close the dialog with the Ok button.

Absolutely. Thanks. :wave: