PDA

View Full Version : newbie d/l help

leftpaw
2009-05-12, 06:31 PM
hiya!

new to this bt thing, love it!, but need some help to get going here please.

when i d/l planet drum, i have no problems.

when i try to d/l other seeds, like ravi from the same seeder as planet drum, i get a funky error message:

"unable to load ... invalid torrent file!"

now, i see others have d/led these problem seeds w/out issue but why can't i?

i use utorrent 1.8.2. and don't have this issue elsewhere.

please advise!

ty!!

direwolf-pgh
2009-05-12, 06:44 PM
please tell us which torrent file

leftpaw
2009-05-12, 06:47 PM
please tell us which torrent file

already did. that was the edit. for instance, i can d/l planet drum but not the ravi show, both from the same seeder. thanks for any and all help!

edit: i also renamed the ravi torrent file to just ravi, and then was unable to open it with utorrent. got the same error regardless of naming

leftpaw
2009-05-12, 07:04 PM
i asked mdshrk1 about this and he has an interesting idea. the torrents i'm struggling with might come from the temp announce period when this place was supposedly having some kind of problem and maybe those once good torrents have problems now. hmmm ...

roann
2009-05-12, 07:20 PM
already did. that was the edit. for instance, i can d/l planet drum but not the ravi show, both from the same seeder. thanks for any and all help!

edit: i also renamed the ravi torrent file to just ravi, and then was unable to open it with utorrent. got the same error regardless of namingThe seeder has upped an invalid .torrent file that causes problems with some bt-clients. Please ask the seeder to re-upload the Ravi show with a fixed .torrent file.

leftpaw
2009-05-12, 07:28 PM
The seeder has upped an invalid .torrent file that causes problems with some bt-clients. Please ask the seeder to re-upload the Ravi show with a fixed .torrent file.

)> thanks. made the request. however, since it clearly worked for others, are you sure it's the file and not me? the turbulence might point to why the torrent has become problematic???

roann
2009-05-12, 08:01 PM
)> thanks. made the request. however, since it clearly worked for others, are you sure it's the file and not me? the turbulence might point to why the torrent has become problematic???I downloaded the file for the Ravi show. µTorrent (Windows OS) cannot load it. Checked it with a hex editor, same bad part as some of the other .torrent files of that seeder. So I'm sure it's the file.

leftpaw
2009-05-12, 08:42 PM
thank you

daddyray
2009-05-13, 04:08 PM
love the avatar Roann! but how did ya get my picture?

mdshrk1
2009-05-13, 06:24 PM
love the avatar Roann! but how did ya get my picture?

In your fucking dreams, that's my picture! rofl :wtf:

inspector clouseau
2009-05-16, 11:36 PM
it doesnt look a bit like you.