PDA

View Full Version : TTD Mobile issues......

shopkin
2009-04-01, 11:44 AM
anybody having any? i get a blank white screen when i try...lynne helped me get back to the regular screen, so thats cool.....but would love to use the mobile thing since i have an iphone.....

issues.....
remedies.....
:wave:

U2Lynne
2009-04-01, 11:57 AM
Is it only the main page you can't see or other pages too?

Here are some to try:
Main Page - http://www.thetradersden.org/index.php?styleid=28
Forums Page - http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/index.php?styleid=28
This thread - http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=71454&styleid=28

And, back to default:
Main Page - http://www.thetradersden.org/index.php?styleid=7

dcbullet
2009-04-01, 12:22 PM
Once in a while that happens to me too. I thought it was just me. I don't know what the issue is or how to replicate it. I figured it was a network problem from my cell provider.

paddington
2009-04-01, 12:24 PM
Once in a while that happens to me too. I thought it was just me. I don't know what the issue is or how to replicate it. I figured it was a network problem from my cell provider.

same here.. it is rare, but what I find is reload / refresh fixes it.

I suspect the style sheet (CSS) doesn't load or gets truncated every now and then.

U2Lynne
2009-04-01, 12:27 PM
Interesting. It does need the stylesheet. If that doesn't get loaded, I have a feeling bad things happen..... :cool:

(I still don't know what the issue is with smilies on it. I think I'll see if I can just disable them or something.)

shopkin
2009-04-02, 09:05 PM
Posted via Mobile Deviceseems to work fine now.

paddington
2009-04-07, 10:39 PM
Some further suggestions:

In the mobile template:
On the New Posts results, remove the X for deleting the threads on each. They aren't needed and I may accidentally delete every thread listed.

Replace that X with a 'last post' or 'last' link like we have on the regular templates - would be super helpful on mobiles.

The 'posted via mobile device' is now just reading 'posted.'. If I missed that joke, ok... If not, now you know ;) it would be pretty cool if that could be set per user in options... A field like "mobile skin tag line for posts" or similar.. Then just call the varible and add when posting from that template?

Search - add the advanced link? Need the option to search thread titles only...

That is all. Ok thanks.
Posted.

U2Lynne
2009-04-07, 10:57 PM
Some further suggestions:

In the mobile template:
On the New Posts results, remove the X for deleting the threads on each. They aren't needed and I may accidentally delete every thread listed.

Replace that X with a 'last post' or 'last' link like we have on the regular templates - would be super helpful on mobiles.

The 'posted via mobile device' is now just reading 'posted.'. If I missed that joke, ok... If not, now you know ;) it would be pretty cool if that could be set per user in options... A field like "mobile skin tag line for posts" or similar.. Then just call the varible and add when posting from that template?

Search - add the advanced link? Need the option to search thread titles only...

That is all. Ok thanks.
Posted.
Are those Xs you are talking about Mod things? If so, I am now scared knowing you are surfing TTD with a Mobile with Xs all over the place! :eek2:

:D

Yeah, I know it says just "Posted." right now. I had been playing with what it said and couldn't think of something new to change it to and left it as just Posted temporarily (and then forgot about it). You just reminded me and I changed it back. I like the idea of being able to customize it. I'll look into that when I go to fix the New Posts stuff. I'll look into a Search by Thread Title only option also.

paddington
2009-04-07, 10:59 PM
Yeah, I'm not thinking having the thread-delete X right next to the page numbers is a good thing :lol

Last post would be hella-more useful on a mobile dev
Posted via Mobile Device

dcbullet
2009-04-08, 12:04 AM
When I "click" on a thread, it automatically goes to the newest unread post in the thread
. Does it not do that for you?

paddington
2009-04-08, 12:11 AM
I didn't even notice that... I'd been clicking on 'last page' 'cause the regular templates open page1 of the thread when you click the link - so yeah, that works great!
Posted via Mobile Device

U2Lynne
2009-04-08, 12:30 AM
I just removed that X cuz it got me worried! I'll look into the other stuff hopefully tomorrow.

dcbullet
2009-04-08, 12:33 AM
Yes, removing the X was a good idea. Pressed it a couple times.

Quakester
2009-04-08, 12:34 PM
Test post to see tag line.
Meowed via Mobile Device

ZJLI
2009-04-08, 12:35 PM
It seems to have worked ;)

U2Lynne
2009-04-08, 12:37 PM
Yes, it does. :)

OK, you may now edit your own tag line - go to the bottom of the Edit Options (http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions) page.
Xs are gone (I guess they were in two places and I only got one place last night)
Search should allow the option of titles only now.

paddington
2009-04-09, 01:59 AM
Thanks! :)
Posted via Mobile Device