PDA

View Full Version : rippimng audio from dvd

PEPPER
2005-05-12, 01:26 AM
When audio is ripped from dvd is it losless,i save it as wav from the ac3 file.Id really appreciate some help/info on this if someone can kindly help.

thanks ,pepper :)

thisistoto
2005-05-12, 01:35 AM
I dont get what you are asking, but try the technobabble section, those guys are smart, must of us are pretty stupid around the lounge :wave: :wave:

TVHeadAssPhuck
2005-05-12, 01:44 AM
I might be wrong, but I think that is as "lossless" as you will get it... since ac3 is already a compressed audio.

PEPPER
2005-05-12, 01:49 AM
So it would be fine to torrent it here then if i ripped it from dvd.

Five
2005-05-12, 01:56 AM
It is my understanding that AC3 is lossy and is not allowed in the lineage of anything in the audio bit torrent downloads forum.

It is allowed on DVDs in the video bit torrent downloads forum.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here.

moving to technobabble.

PEPPER
2005-05-12, 02:19 AM
Ok thanks for the info

Evenreven
2005-05-12, 05:21 AM
7. Audio ripped from an MPEG video or DVD is not permitted.
All digital video codecs use lossy audio compression schemes, and therefore audio extracted from an MPEG video or DVD is not permitted for seeding here. The exception to this rule is that DVDs which have been authored with uncompressed LPCM audio are allowed to have the audio stream extracted, compressed to a lossless format, and seeded. This rule does not apply to audio taken from VHS sources, which is permitted with the caveat that no cleaner or higher fidelity version circulates. Audio from VCD and SVCD sources is explicitly prohibited as it uses MPEG layer 2 compression, a less complex form of the shunned mp3 codec. Note that ac3 Dolby Digital audio is also lossy in comparison to the original uncompressed version, and is likewise prohibited for audio-only seeding at The Traders Den .
:::

PEPPER
2005-05-12, 05:42 AM
i only asked :lol:

ssamadhi97
2005-05-12, 07:35 AM
he only answered :hmm:

jcrab66
2005-05-12, 08:49 AM
maybe you should put in a few minutes of research and check the FAQ's before even posing such a question :rolleyes:

PEPPER
2005-05-12, 08:51 AM
Re arrange these words to make a sentenece... it was only a joke bloody. :D So i fucked up,whats with the heavy attitudes on here.
Can you tell me then in which part of the faq i would have found the answer to my question which was,if i rip audio from a dvd ,is it lossless.Show me which part of the faq i should have gone into.please :)

Mission Statement
Audio BitTorrent Seeding Policy
Video BitTorrent Seeding Policy
Band Restriction Policy
So, where is the tracker?
Posting Guidelines
Audio Seeding and Trading
Video Seeding and Trading
BitTorrent General FAQs
B&Ps, Vines, Trees, Loops, Snail Mail Trades, Etc.
Technical FAQs, Tips, and Tricks
Freeware Software Links. Look Inside If You're Stuck!
Hardware Players
The Traders' Den User Options

vBulletin FAQ
User Maintenance
General Forum Usage
Reading and Posting Messages

jcrab66
2005-05-12, 03:19 PM
Re arrange these words to make a sentenece... it was only a joke bloody. :D So i fucked up,whats with the heavy attitudes on here.
Can you tell me then in which part of the faq i would have found the answer to my question which was,if i rip audio from a dvd ,is it lossless.Show me which part of the faq i should have gone into.please :)

you could start where evenreven posted up above which I believe is in the audio bit torrent seeding policy section, in fact you might just read through all of it and that way some other questions you have might be answered...

Evenreven
2005-05-12, 04:59 PM
I didn't mean to sound harsh, Pepper. Just, what shall we say... To the point! :)

And that is indeed the Audio policy section.

PEPPER
2005-05-13, 02:15 AM
I didn't mean to sound harsh, Pepper. Just, what shall we say... To the point! :)

And that is indeed the Audio policy section.

Hey,no worries i never thought you were being harsh at all.Its because ( and this is obvious) you have more knowledge about this kind of thing than me.So when you typed out your answer and i replied with "i only asked" it was a joke.Unfortunately even with the smiley someone else still didnt understand the joke.So no hard feelings towards you at all,maybe i shouldnt joke so much.. :lol:.

Ultra
2005-05-13, 03:04 AM
He asked whether is was lossless. Not if he could post it. If he is not enquiring about posting it, why would he check the FAQ? :wtf:

Remember Ferris Bueller's quote about turning coal to diamonds? Seems to apply to a Bulls fan who responded here. :disbelief Didn't Ferris Bueller happen in Chicago? :confused:

Cameron, is that you? :wave:

Evenreven
2005-05-13, 07:44 AM
He asked whether is was lossless. Not if he could post it. If he is not enquiring about posting it, why would he check the FAQ? :wtf:
He didn't consider posting it?

Or did he:
So it would be fine to torrent it here then if i ripped it from dvd.
I rest my case. Sorry, Ultra, but there's no need defending Pepper when no one is attacking him. :)

jcrab66
2005-05-13, 04:38 PM

maybe he should of checked the FAQ's since he obviously isnt aware of the rules regarding seeding policy here. He asked if it would be ok to seed if it wasnt lossy. He could of answered his own question with a few minutes of research. maybe this site should require potential members to answer a set of questions regarding FAQ's and seeding policies before letting them register. That way it would encourage a bit of effort instead of the laziness exhibited time and time again by people asking questions that are clearly answered in the FAQ's.

Remember Ferris Bueller's quote about turning coal to diamonds? Seems to apply to a Bulls fan who responded here. :disbelief Didn't Ferris Bueller happen in Chicago? :confused:

perhaps this mindless drivel should be saved for the "mindless drivel" forum aka lounge. This is technobabble, not idiotbabble...