PDA

View Full Version : utorrent 1.82

drkhollow
2009-03-16, 02:50 PM
Well I upgrading after being sick and tired of all the prompts and well as expected this current version of utorrent SUX!
Torrents won't load, issues with firefox and the most annoying of them all is the error message; can't open torrent file--a totally ridiculous waste of time trying to fix these issues. What about azuerus--do they even have a b-torrent client anymore? Any help/ answers will be greatly appreciated-thanks drkhollow.

U2Lynne
2009-03-16, 03:10 PM
I use Vuze (formerly Azureus) and then in the UI Chooser (upper right corner), I select Classic and it looks just like the old Azureus.

drkhollow
2009-03-16, 03:14 PM
yea thinkin of switching but never had much luck with sourceforge products!
hopefully will get some i-deers about fixin utorrent from this forum but if not its a new client!

Stephenmagic
2009-03-16, 03:46 PM
I am also getting annoyed with the new utorrent. Maybe it is time for a client change!

paddington
2009-03-16, 04:38 PM
screeshots? What's so different from 1.80 ?

drkhollow
2009-03-16, 04:59 PM
don't know if anything is different--last version I used was 1.7.7 I think main problems is torrents won't load for seeding-- error message; cannot load torrent file --changed nothing in preferences after upgrade. Screenshot of what?

paddington
2009-03-16, 05:03 PM
don't know if anything is different--last version I used was 1.7.7 I think main problems is torrents won't load for seeding-- error message; cannot load torrent file --changed nothing in preferences after upgrade. Screenshot of what?

of the problem when it is on-screen?

I'll download the new client and test it a bit.

drkhollow
2009-03-16, 07:25 PM
so posting a screen shot here requires me to do what?--I'll post one if I can

paddington
2009-03-16, 09:04 PM
just post the exact text of the error message, then.

have to have something to go on.

drkhollow
2009-03-16, 10:43 PM
error message is :cannot load. torrent file/c/my documents/downloads/then file name.
was poking around utorrent forums and found several references but not a solution that works for me; uninstalled and reinstalled etc. etc. and still a butt-load of problems. never had one before but this is new and not fun

paddington
2009-03-17, 12:02 AM
error message is :cannot load. torrent file/c/my documents/downloads/then file name.
was poking around utorrent forums and found several references but not a solution that works for me; uninstalled and reinstalled etc. etc. and still a butt-load of problems. never had one before but this is new and not fun

ok, I have tested uTorrent 1.82 and there are no problems with it at all. I also don't notice it looking different.

I think the problem you are having is related to your OS being configured incorrectly for handling .torrent files.

Trying saving the .torrent from this site, then open that folder and right-click on the .torrent file. Choose "open with..." and choose "uTorrent" from the list. If it isn't there, browse to uTorrent.exe from that window. Most importantly, be sure to check the box that says "always open files of this type with this program" or similar.

The goal is to reset what windows is doing with files using the .torrent extension. Let me know if the torrent opens this way once you do that.

Horace
2009-03-18, 10:17 PM
I use uTorrent 1.8.2 and FF3.0.7 without any problems (XP SP3).
FYI,
Chris

steely74
2009-03-19, 12:46 AM
just stick with stable 1.7.7 and be done with it!

Well I upgrading after being sick and tired of all the prompts

then turn the update prompt off!!

in utorrent > options > preferences > general > uncheck "check for updates automatically"

most annoying of them all is the error message; can't open torrent file

that has something to do with firefox "loosing" the association between torrent files and utorrent. easy fix. tools > options > apps in firefox.

utorrent is by far the torrent client for windows. again i still use 1.7.7

drkhollow
2009-03-21, 04:29 PM
biggest problem was nod 32- much better not to let utorrent run as browser with that security program
buggy installation resulted in "utorrent renaming files and then reloading them--back to normal after un- selecting
firefox association is strange as latest version as won't associate and won't allow to go to temp file but I'll finger that one out when I get more time!
thanks for the advice all!

saltman
2009-03-24, 06:57 AM
Works fine for me. No issues. Been using it since the update came out.