PDA

View Full Version : md5 question

kev7intahoe
2009-01-19, 04:00 PM
I have show, audio, shn that has a md5,

-first, I need to make a st5 to post it here, correct?

If I do, when I create it, TLH doesn't create a log (txt file) and I cant copy/paste the code for posting.

If I can just use the existing md5, how do I get the log (txt file) and code from the original md5 for posting this.

I have spent a while now trying to figure it out so now it's time to ask cuz I am not getting anywhere....:hmm: :wtf:

Thanks

Five
2009-01-19, 04:52 PM
hey there

yes, you need st5 ! main reason is because the hash will still match if it surfaces in another lossless format (i.e. flac), whereas md5 can't do this.

you should be able to copy the st5 checksums from the TLH window by putting the cursor there, hit ctrl+a then ctrl+c, open notepad/the thread and paste it using ctrl+v.

you can also right-click the st5 file and choose 'open with'>notepad or if notepad isn't listed select 'choose program'>select from list and choose notepad, then you can view, paste etc.

U2Lynne
2009-01-19, 05:05 PM
You won't be able to upload a show using standard md5s. I believe you will get an error trying to upload. :cool:

rspencer
2009-01-19, 05:06 PM
Has that been implemented already? Cool. Just for ABT I assume.

U2Lynne
2009-01-19, 05:08 PM
Yeppers.

rspencer
2009-01-19, 05:09 PM
Now if only there was a lineage filter. :lol4:

roann
2009-01-20, 12:32 PM
I have show, audio, shn that has a md5,

-first, I need to make a st5 to post it here, correct?Yes, st5 checksums are mandatory (see posts above).

... If I do, when I create it, TLH doesn't create a log (txt file) and I cant copy/paste the code for posting. ...

... you should be able to copy the st5 checksums from the TLH window by putting the cursor there, hit ctrl+a then ctrl+c, open notepad/the thread and paste it using ctrl+v. ...

1) If you press the Save button in the Process log part of TLH you can write a log/txt file to disc.

2) If you right-click the Save button a popup menu will be displayed allowing you to copy the log to the clipboard. After this you can use the usual Windows key combination Ctrl+V to paste the log into whatever place you want.

Five
2009-01-20, 01:23 PM
You won't be able to upload a show using standard md5s. I believe you will get an error trying to upload. :cool:
you are awesome :cool:

if anybody reading this finds it harsh check 99% of my posts last year in the ABTD forum... its me politely asking for the correct type of checksums over and over and over and over ...