PDA

View Full Version : Newbie confused

zonecoach
2005-05-06, 08:24 AM
I am new to this technology. I use Morpheus which shares files. I would like to download the files into my Itunes which I use with my IPOD. I was able to get an ELO file going but the rate was so slow that it was going to take 725 hours to download. Am I doing this correctly. When I use Morpheus, the rate is extremely fast for all the other songs that I download but I am downloading MP3 songs. Will these songs (in these forms) even play on my IPOD? Can anyone help me figure this out? Is there a better way to download the songs into my Itunes so they can be played on my IPOD?
Thanks!

U2Lynne
2005-05-06, 10:33 AM
You will have to download the shows here (in shn, flac, or ape format) and then either convert them to wav and then mp3 or, I think, you may be able to use foobar2000 to convert straight from shn/flac/ape to mp3 for your iPod. These shows that you are downloading from this site are in lossless format. They will be several (5-8?) times larger than an mp3 file. If all you are wanting are mp3 files, you may be better off finding an mp3 site to download from.

uhclem
2005-05-06, 02:32 PM
Try using a dedicated BitTorrent client such as Azureus (http://azureus.sf.net) instead of Morpheus since you will be able to get more help from people here if you use a client we all know and use.

Correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that the IPOD can play AAC (i.e. mp4 aka m4a) files as well as mp3. If I were you and I wanted to listen to what I download on my IPOD I'd convert to AAC format and not mp3. You can use a lower bitrate with AAC resulting in smaller files. Overall it's a better lossy codec than mp3.

rherron
2005-05-06, 05:44 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that the IPOD can play AAC (i.e. mp4 aka m4a) files as well as mp3. If I were you and I wanted to listen to what I download on my IPOD I'd convert to AAC format and not mp3. You can use a lower bitrate with AAC resulting in smaller files. Overall it's a better lossy codec than mp3.

Correct. AAC is the way to go on the iPod.

Rob