PDA

View Full Version : FIREWALLED

Buckeyedog
2008-12-28, 09:29 AM
Why does my profile now say that when I log in? I am trying to seed some material and download other and I lost power last night, is that why?

U2Lynne
2008-12-28, 09:49 AM
Check with canyouseeme.org and see if it says you are firewalled. If not, try stopping your torrents here and restarting them and the firewalled sign should go away.

Jesus Christ
2008-12-28, 10:02 AM
if i restrict the upload limit on any torrent in Azureus i suddenly show here at the TTD as "Firewalled".
Although i am not firewalled, limiting the upload stream on a torrent seems to tell TTD that i am.
When i re-set the upload limit to Unlimited, the "Firewalled" message here at TTD disappears.

i think that might be the answer to Buckeyedog's question.

U2Lynne
2008-12-28, 11:08 AM
Really? That's odd because the tracker only checks to see if you are firewalled when you first connect to the tracker. It doesn't check everytime you talk to it. So, the notice should not be appearing and disappearing without you stopping and starting your torrent.

Buckeyedog
2008-12-28, 11:15 AM
Thanks, it went away by closing down the bit torrent program and restarting it. Thanks again

pawel
2008-12-28, 01:48 PM
I also see firewalled, when I'm not :hmm: For a short period of time I had a problem to connect to US servers, while European worked OK. Maybe a fish touched the cable, who knows ;)

U2Lynne
2008-12-28, 02:17 PM
I sometimes get the firewalled notice also. I just stop my torrents and restart them. Basically the server tries to initiate a sock connection with you when you first connect. If it doesn't get a response right away, it figures there is a problem and lists you are unconnectable/firewalled.

willndmb
2008-12-30, 10:46 PM
AHHHH now what has happened to me
i was not firewalled and now i am
i goto can you see me and they can't
i goto port forward and my program (transmission) isn't listed

edit now its saying i am not firewalled (here), then says i am, then not

U2Lynne
2008-12-30, 10:58 PM
Remember that it doesn't matter what TTD says about whether you are firewalled or not. It is really the bittorrent client that determines this as it tries to connect you to other users. So, if you are getting remote connections in your bittorrent client, then you are fine.

mperkins37
2008-12-31, 04:48 PM
Can someone help me figure out how to port forward my mac pro with airport wireless? Whenever it goes through the airport it sees me as firewalled, even though I have security set to none. I can hook straight into my modem & no firewall at all. Help....
It sucks because I download like a speed demon, & it uploads like s%^t.
It's Killing my percentage.

U2Lynne
2008-12-31, 06:05 PM
Forwarding your ports is not necessarily going to change your upload speed. All forwarding your ports does is allow you to connect to firewalled users instead of just non-firewalled users.

Have you looked at this? http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

mperkins37
2008-12-31, 07:46 PM
How can one Super seed a torrent, say 500kbs +any possibilities?
I would like to be able to massively seed to catch my ratio up over the next year.

direwolf-pgh
2008-12-31, 07:51 PM
forget superseed - its there for different reasons (RTFM)

you need to keep your torrents open to others. simple

p.s. nice ratio..lol

U2Lynne
2008-12-31, 08:01 PM
How can one Super seed a torrent, say 500kbs +any possibilities?
I would like to be able to massively seed to catch my ratio up over the next year.
Get a seed box (google it) or upgrade your regular internet package to get a faster upload rate.

mperkins37
2009-01-01, 12:07 PM
I try & seed till no one is leeching, unless I run out of storage.
How does one create a torrent for upload, I have a few other sources, now & I would also like to up new content to TDD.
I know I am a total Dumbass about these things.

U2Lynne
2009-01-01, 12:11 PM
You should take a look at both the Audio Seeding Policy and Audio Seeding Guide. They should answer alot of your questions.

GRC
2009-01-13, 03:37 PM
What she said.

I know the FAQs can be a bit ... 'intimidating' to the newbie, but stick with it, you'll get there. Don't try and digest it all at one sitting. Bite-sized chunks.

vavoom
2009-03-10, 04:17 PM
forget superseed - its there for different reasons (RTFM)

you need to keep your torrents open to others. simple

p.s. nice ratio..lol

That is a nice ratio huh... he's like that at other torrent sites as well... lol... 3 tb is alot to get up... :lol4:

freakmike3
2009-03-11, 09:35 PM
Check with canyouseeme.org and see if it says you are firewalled. If not, try stopping your torrents here and restarting them and the firewalled sign should go away.

Does it make sense to show as firewalled and for canyouseeme to show that as well, and then later on to not show as being firewalled? Whenever TTD shows as firewalled, I will check it out, and it will say there is a problem. Then usually 30min later all is well. Weird?:confused:

U2Lynne
2009-03-11, 11:37 PM
I've had it happen to me. Does it make sense? Well, I don't think it does. But, obviously the router thinks it makes perfect sense to do that to me!