PDA

View Full Version : I can't download from TTD

ntzanos
2008-12-20, 11:17 PM
Hey guys, I'm having a problem with downloading from TTD.
I'm using μTorrent v1.6.1 and when I'm trying to download something I get this "connention closed by peer" message even thought I'm not downloading or uploading anything else. I tried to download Rush 1976-12-10 (http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=67407) but nothing happened, no seeds, no peers, still waiting. All μTorrent settings are ok and it works perfect with other trackers. Any help? :hmm:

direwolf-pgh
2008-12-20, 11:23 PM
you must click on the torrent file link in the thread you created >

utorrent (or whatever client) will open >

then point it to your folder holding the files >

all will be well

U2Lynne
2008-12-20, 11:38 PM
Hmmm, I can't think of why you would have problems - there are plenty of users on the torrent, so the torrent is working for people.

Have you tried restarting utorrent? Or even restarting the computer?

ntzanos
2008-12-20, 11:39 PM
you must click on the torrent file link in the thread you created >

utorrent (or whatever client) will open >

then point it to your folder holding the files >

all will be well

nothing happened, no change

ntzanos
2008-12-22, 07:26 AM
Hmmm, I can't think of why you would have problems - there are plenty of users on the torrent, so the torrent is working for people.

Have you tried restarting utorrent? Or even restarting the computer?

yes but still nothing, I can't download or upload

ntzanos
2008-12-22, 07:55 AM
Finally I found what was going on, it was KAV
If I disable KAV,then start to download/upload and then enable KAV again
there's no problem.
But if I try to download/upload while the KAV is enabled I got this "connection closed by peer" message.
Does anyone has any ideas why is this happeing?:hmm:

U2Lynne
2008-12-22, 11:46 AM
KAV is some PC anti-virus application? I think usually there is some option to allow connections from certain sites or ports? Our tracker isn't on a port, like Dime or TC, so you need to allow the site itself. Do you have some option like that?

Karst
2008-12-22, 01:22 PM
Its a li-la-linux ainti-virus application.

Five
2008-12-22, 02:23 PM
antivirus for linux? what's this world coming to!

Karst
2008-12-22, 05:14 PM
I know! I mean, installing it is one thing, but actually writing a virus for it!? Impressive...

saltman
2008-12-22, 05:17 PM
Linux has continuously (including osX) had the most critical vulnerabilities year after year. Check out the US-CERT site. Four years ago it was 6 times that of Windows XP.

harpsichord
2008-12-22, 06:14 PM
KAV is some PC anti-virus application? I think usually there is some option to allow connections from certain sites or ports? Our tracker isn't on a port, like Dime or TC, so you need to allow the site itself. Do you have some option like that?

Yes, it stands for Kaspersky Antivirus, for Windows only (of course). It has nothing at all to do with Linux.
http://www.kaspersky.com/

Linux has continuously (including osX) had the most critical vulnerabilities year after year.

That made me laugh out loud. Seriously. But don't let me stop you from believing whatever you want.

What color is the sky on your planet?

ntzanos
2008-12-22, 07:59 PM
hey everything ok now! it was kav after all:Dback to business! Happy holidays