PDA

View Full Version : ratio

VanHalen1991
2008-11-30, 09:00 PM
How do I get my ratio up? I want a H.S.A.S. show from Dime but it says I need at least a 0.25% ratio and I have no clue how to do that. Any help?

direwolf-pgh
2008-11-30, 09:07 PM
:popcorn:

SundayDriver
2008-11-30, 10:12 PM
direwolf-pgh and VanHalen1991, it looks like you guys need to read the FAQ:

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/faq.php?faq=bittorrent#faq_increase_ratio

(especially you direwolf)

Audioarchivist
2008-12-01, 03:09 AM
holy sheepdip - that ratio for Direwolf-pgh can't be real, can it?

How do you fix your ratio - in a word - seed!

Keep looking for people who need the stuff you already downloaded and keep it open. Force seed things that people are leeching that don't have many (or any) seeders. Your torrent program should be full of the stuff you downloaded to give back!

Stephenmagic
2008-12-01, 04:47 AM
Just try to keep things open. I only joined here a few days ago and i am nearly at 1.0

AAR.oner
2008-12-01, 06:12 AM

:lol4::clap:

direwolf-pgh
2008-12-01, 06:55 AM
i gave at the office. (http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/donations.php?)

ZJLI
2008-12-01, 07:08 AM
You eat way too much popcorn, I hope it's unsalted.

I only say this out of concern. :icon_hug:

direwolf-pgh
2008-12-01, 07:16 AM
thanks Alex, it is important that we watch out for each other. :)

some people help with taping
some people help with seeds
some people help with ratio
some people help with mod support
some people help with site coding
some people help with donations

help out where you can :thumbsup a little from every goes a long way

Augustwest1
2008-12-01, 10:19 AM
I'm new to this too -- but it seems to me the tracker is download specific.

I've completed a couple d/l and left them open for days, with lots of date being uploaded from me.

But, I've got 2 downloads going that nobody else seems to be interested in, and the tracker blocks me after I've grabbed about 60% because my ratio for that particular d/l isn't above .25.

At the same time, I can d/l other stuff without a problem, so long as other people are uploading that same recording from me, since my overall ratio is high enough.

So, how do you get around a low ratio for a particular download -- and the tracker automatically blocking me from completing that d/l -- when my overall ratio is above .25?

direwolf-pgh
2008-12-01, 10:29 AM
no one/nothing is blocking - you are firewalled. (blocking yourself from others)
like you said, you're new - dont worry about it & when you have an hour to spare try to read up on how to correct your firewall settings.

SundayDriver
2008-12-01, 10:40 AM
holy sheepdip - that ratio for Direwolf-pgh can't be real, can it?

Don't believe everything you see on the internet. :cool:

(I was joking by the way in regards to the wolf.)

U2Lynne
2008-12-01, 10:47 AM
I'm new to this too -- but it seems to me the tracker is download specific.

I've completed a couple d/l and left them open for days, with lots of date being uploaded from me.

But, I've got 2 downloads going that nobody else seems to be interested in, and the tracker blocks me after I've grabbed about 60% because my ratio for that particular d/l isn't above .25.

At the same time, I can d/l other stuff without a problem, so long as other people are uploading that same recording from me, since my overall ratio is high enough.

So, how do you get around a low ratio for a particular download -- and the tracker automatically blocking me from completing that d/l -- when my overall ratio is above .25?
You really should be asking these questions on Dime's yahoo group since it is Dime specific questions you have.

Augustwest1
2008-12-01, 11:35 AM
I'm not firewalled - even though this site says I am -- there is plenty of data being uploaded off my computer. I guess I'll go to Dime (whatever that is).

U2Lynne
2008-12-01, 11:40 AM
I'm not firewalled - even though this site says I am -- there is plenty of data being uploaded off my computer. I guess I'll go to Dime (whatever that is).
I assumed you were posting about the same issue the OP was posting about especially since you mentioned the .25 ratio that Dime has. We have no such ratio requirements here, so what you were posting about wasn't about our tracker, so I assumed you were talking about Dime.

Five
2008-12-01, 12:15 PM
also, you say this tracker is blocking you from completing a particular download? :hmm: which one? maybe we can fix that

bfrank
2008-12-01, 02:14 PM
:lmao: Check my ratio.

GhostInTheMachine
2008-12-01, 02:35 PM
seeding and ratios are nice and all, but TTD didn't meet last months rent. Where is the love?