PDA

View Full Version : Uploading/Seeding

ccasaceli
2008-11-29, 10:15 PM
After I download something, I leave it open for at least a day, and I never see it uploading, it only seems to upload while I'm actually downloading. Is there a setting I don't know about, or should I just leave it open indefinitely?

I like to see a 2:1 ratio for my uploading before I close torrents. Any ideas? This only happens with torrents I get from this site.

Thanks in advance

U2Lynne
2008-11-29, 10:37 PM
There need to be some people actually trying to download the show in order for you to upload to them. Currently, you are trying to seed two shows and neither of them have any leechers so you will be unable to upload at all on those torrents. You may want to pick some more recently uploaded torrents to download because there are probably more leechers on them. One of the shows you are trying to seed is over two years old.

ccasaceli
2008-11-29, 10:41 PM
That makes sense, LOL I didn't realize how old they were.

5vs1
2008-12-02, 01:13 AM
Lynne,

how do you re-seed for an old show without creating a new thread?
i replied to the thread saying i re-seeding it but nobody was uploading it.

Zenith023
2008-12-02, 06:09 AM
Lynne,

how do you re-seed for an old show without creating a new thread?

Just download the torrent file again from the original thread, open it up and point it to the folder where the relevant files are. If everything is present, your torrent client should run a quick check and then show you as a seeder.

Also, when you said:

Are you trying to seed or leech the show in question? ie do you need a re-seed or are you offering one?

U2Lynne
2008-12-02, 09:53 AM
5vs1, what Zenith said ^^

Also, I currently don't see you seeding or leeching a torrent, so it's hard for me to see if you did something wrong.

5vs1
2008-12-02, 09:39 PM
the only show I download was the Eddie Vedder NJPAC show and someone asked for a re-seed and I tried to seed up my folder but doesn't seem like it works.

Also that person who request the re-seed posted the request back a month ago. So he must have given up on the show. :/