PDA

View Full Version : what torrent client should i use for mac?

Drewa311
2008-10-24, 06:01 PM
????

thanks in advance

daddyray
2008-10-24, 06:03 PM
azeureus...definitely.
Besides being a fine and simple program it is what Lynne uses if I recall so help is readily available.

AAR.oner
2008-10-25, 06:34 AM
yup, i use Azureus as well...great program, tons of different tweaks you can fine tune with

Bit Conjurer is another option, and there are more although not all of em work well with this tracker

U2Lynne
2008-10-25, 10:38 AM
Yep, I'm an Azureus user and it is what I would recommend.

classictrader
2008-10-26, 02:37 PM
I use Transmission. I wasn't really very happy with Azureus. It seemed to take a long time to load and used a lot of the CPU memory. I do have an older Mac though. I'm really happy with Transmission though, as it allows you to set limits on up/down speeds on each individual torrent, as well as globally, and upon opening a torrent for download it allows you to deselect any files that you don't want included.

My two cents. :)

U2Lynne
2008-10-26, 03:50 PM
Azureus did used to take a long time to load. That used to frustrate me also. But, they've changed something and now it opens really quick.

Steev
2008-10-28, 03:31 PM
I used Azureus for a while but it is a total memory hog & was slow. I have been using Transmission for 6 months now and am in heaven. Very quick, makes its own Torrents & much much more. That's my 2 cents. Peace

Scott
2009-10-14, 08:11 AM
Asuras has now morphed into Vuse and I'm not all that happy with the results. Constantly asking me to load some toolbar that I think has already loaded itself to Firefox. Vuse also appears to be making inroads for more commercial use than what I use it for.

So, what other clients are out there for a MAC?

JGH1
2009-10-14, 08:31 AM
Another Mac/Azureus user here

AAR.oner
2009-10-14, 11:18 AM
i quit using Azureus/Vuze as well Scott, not happy at all with the program since the switch

i'm using Transmission (http://www.transmissionbt.com/) right now, very basic but does the job great and uses far less resources

guizmo71
2009-10-18, 04:37 AM
I'm a new Mac user. And i red on various forums that Transmission had taking the lead on Azureus.
That's what i will use when my switch will be complete.

harpsichord
2009-10-18, 08:33 AM
Some of you may want to take a look at Deluge. It's a full-featured, cross-platform app, and it's my preferred client (I run it in Linux).

http://deluge-torrent.org/

Keyd
2009-10-18, 04:39 PM
Vuze sucks! :down:

The versatility & features are not bad - While using Vuze I can do everything classictrader mentioned regarding limits & selecting only specific files but the whole Vuze thing is crap. I do not notice vuze taxing my system too much and the "only" things I would not do while using Vuze is video editing, rendering, bouncing, or burning but I can easily watch or stream HD videos while using vuze "full bore"; but so much of that "vuze" is unnecessary for me and is such a waste of RAM. I know uTorrent uses way less RAM and I like it much better but it is for windows only. I also have not had problems with azureus or vuze "opening" but it does crash on me about 2x a week for the last few months. I have used it for 4-5 years(?) and have never liked it. Does that make sense? :hmm:

This site is great for info on apps and I use it as a reference. :clap:

Thanks a lot for the info & links. :thumbsup

co9ol
2009-10-19, 06:35 PM
I'm a Azureus/Vuze user here, and I gotta say I like the way everything is setup (IN ADVANCED MODE) the beginner mode is horrible.