PDA

View Full Version : Taiyo Yuden still good?

PY1TE
2008-09-28, 01:54 PM
Bought a very large spool long ago and just recently ran out. This new batch is almost transparent and have had “digital clicks” in my past 2 of 3 burns. Anyone else or just a bad batch?

AAR.oner
2008-09-29, 05:50 AM
are you talkin CDRs or DVDRs? TY's are still top of the line

have you looked at a disc's info for the media code details? were they from a reputable dealer?

there are fake TYs out there

saltman
2008-09-29, 06:14 AM
maybe you are used to the ones that are ink jet printable with the white tops and you bought some clear lacquer ones without noticing.

clicks could be many things. cd drive during playback or burn, etc.

pawel
2008-09-29, 06:25 AM
No all burners like TY. On a PC you may check the disc with CDSpeed (http://www.cdspeed2000.com): Disc Quality tab, and Setting = 8x

AAR.oner
2008-09-29, 06:33 AM
maybe you are used to the ones that are ink jet printable with the white tops and you bought some clear lacquer ones without noticing.

thats what i was thinkin, but i always buy silver lacquer discs and TY uses the purple dye in their DVDRs, so they shouldn't be transparent...CDRs use the blue-green dye

stantheman1976
2008-09-29, 07:17 PM
I use the 8X -R inkjet printables and have had no problems. I've burned several hundred and most were for large runs of pageant or high school graduations I filmed and sold. I haven't had a single one returned yet.

saltman
2008-09-29, 08:42 PM
I have also burned quite a few TY cds and dvds. too many to even think about. so many I stopped burning about 2 years ago. I can't remember a single coaster. not a one. I also have not run into a situation where they went bad over time. I have with other brands but the TY have treated me well.

jamroom
2008-09-30, 12:32 PM
My TY cds and dvds continue to work fine. I have gone through 100s over the last couple of years - not to say you won't get a bad batch. In that case - return them.