PDA

View Full Version : Ratio not Updating - First Torrent

entropy2go
2008-09-26, 05:20 PM
Greetings!,

I recently uploaded my first torrent in the audio forum - Noel Gallagher - Pre Oasis (~1989) 1989-xx-xx Demo Recordings - ~1989 (FLAC) (http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=64466) and served quite a few copies and my ratio never changed.

This was my first torrent I ever seeded and I thought I did everything right. Any assistance would be appreciated.

I used Tomato via Mac to serve the torrent using the trader's den announce URL. Tomato is DHT-safe and will not fall back to decentralized tracking if the torrent names a central tracker.

At a lost... Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Best Regards..

direwolf-pgh
2008-09-26, 05:57 PM
DHT circumvents the tracker stats

U2Lynne
2008-09-26, 06:49 PM
Did you ever show up on the Peers List? Did you make sure to download the torrent from the thread in order to seed the show?

How much do your stats say you uploaded and I can credit your stats.

entropy2go
2008-09-27, 06:11 AM
Good Point U2Lynne,

I did not check to see if I showed up on the peer list but I watched as others began downloading from my server. I only seeded about 35 copies @ 114 Mb =~ 4.0 gb. Thanks for updating my ratio.

My next seed I will be sure to watch more carefully. The second question I am not sure I completely understand which may be my issue. "Did I download the torrent from the thread in order to seed the show?' I thought that being I uploaded the torrent that I automatically am seeding. Do I have to download it in order to register the torrent?

Thanks in advance once again for your assistance.

Best Regards....

U2Lynne
2008-09-27, 10:02 AM
The second question I am not sure I completely understand which may be my issue. "Did I download the torrent from the thread in order to seed the show?' I thought that being I uploaded the torrent that I automatically am seeding. Do I have to download it in order to register the torrent?
Yes, after you upload the torrent to the site, you must seed the show using the torrent you download from the thread. It gets personalized (gets a passkey embeded in it) when you download it. The passkey is what tells the tracker who you are.

Your stats should be updated.

entropy2go
2008-09-27, 05:02 PM
okay... that was the problem. Thanks for the guidance! Will be sure to download the torrent next time.

Once again, thanks for all your help!

Best Regards....