PDA

View Full Version : Help Seeding

WalrusMan
2008-09-12, 05:55 PM
I couldn't think of a better Title for this post than that, I know it's not too descriptive, but that's all I had. Anyways, the story is that I did frequent this site a while back, and had a very bad DL/UL ratio, currently I'm at 21.55GB/1.84GB/0.09. I know that's bad, and in the past I had only access to the central wireless router in the apartments so i couldn't run the port forwarding.

Now I'm on my own in my apartment and have cable internet coming in, but don't know how to get anything started to upload. Right now I'm downloading a torrent, and while I'm downloading at ~63 kbps, I'm uploading at 0 kbps, once in a while it'll flash to 0.1 kbps but I haven't uploaded even a B of data.

Problem is, I only have my cable modem rented from my provider and I don't have a router. Is there anyway to upload in this situation? I know eventually I'm going to get a wireless router, but before I get the money for that I still want to give back to the community here and upload.

Thanks for any hints and answers you can give me.

U2Lynne
2008-09-12, 06:14 PM
You can only upload to people if there are leechers on a show. The one show you are on has the current stats: 122/3/862 That's 122 seeders and only 3 leechers (and one of the leechers is you). You just don't get much of a chance to seed on something like that. If you want to upload on a show, you need to pick a show that actually needs seeders. You aren't firewalled, so that is good cuz it means you can seed/upload to anybody, not just others that aren't firewalled.

WalrusMan
2008-09-12, 06:18 PM
I think I get it..

So I'm only one of 124 people trying to upload some to 2 others. But as long as i'm not firewalled I'll still be able to upload a good amount on a new show. Thanks!