PDA

View Full Version : So, does ONES support FLAC files?

mkdevo
2008-09-05, 10:43 AM
i saw in someone's signature here that "ONES owns Nero" so i decided to give it a shot. does it support burning FLAC files to audio on the fly? cause if not, that's certainly a deal-breaker right there.

U2Lynne
2008-09-05, 11:11 AM
i saw in someone's signature here that "ONES owns Nero" so i decided to give it a shot. does it support burning FLAC files to audio on the fly? cause if not, that's certainly a deal-breaker right there.
As you can see, you saw that in his signature I don't think he ever burns audio, only video, so....

saltman
2008-09-05, 11:47 AM
ONES does not burn flac files on the fly.

retired
2008-09-05, 07:47 PM
Since I don't deal in audio, I don't really understand what you mean by "on the fly"...If you want to burn a 'data' cdr of just the flac files:
ONES > Data Mastering > Add Files > Record

U2Lynne
2008-09-05, 08:00 PM
Some applications will take the flac files and convert them to wav and burn and audio disc for you. You don't have to convert the flac files to wav yourself. It's convenient.

spursfan
2008-09-10, 06:48 PM
ONES does not burn flac files on the fly.

so how does one burn flac files? i made the mistake of burning them outside the folder (individually)and now those disc freeze my computer. i have since started to burn them exactly as i downloaded them. is this the correct way?

AAR.oner
2008-09-11, 06:21 AM
are you trying to burn them for archiving or as a listenable audio disc?

for archiving, just leave them in the folder w/ info, checksums, etc...and follow the instructions posted above

for a listenable audio CDR, decode the flacs to wavs [using TLH, or flac frontend or whatever], then open ONES:
Audio compilation > add wav files to window > record

spursfan
2008-09-11, 07:12 AM
I was saving them for archiving but at the time I didn't know I needed to keep them in the original folder. I know now. Are the flac files I burned without the folder still savageable?

U2Lynne
2008-09-11, 09:29 AM
Sure, the flac files are still valid and will still 'work'. The reason you would want to keep them in the same folder is for ease of reseeding. Chances are, most people keep them in the same folder, so if they reupload the show here or somewhere and you want to go help seed, it is easy if your folder names are still the same. If they are different, then it's a little trickier to get started helping to seed, but it's not impossible.

cmaz
2008-09-11, 10:28 AM
Not to hijack the thread, but...i checked out ONES yesterday and as far as i can tell, they discontinued development a few years ago? Along with some kind of blurb about fuzzy logic and how it will be compatible with any drive invented in the future?

If this is true, do you you still recommend it?

drkhollow
2008-09-23, 11:34 AM
I've been using ones for a while and it really is great an easy to use; also contains many advanced features for those who are so inclined! I don't believe it burns flac to wav on the fly but I never tried. Traders Little helper works wonders on dat chit!

co9ol
2008-09-25, 01:04 PM
Nero can burn Flac files on the fly, you just need to download a plug in. don't know about ones tho

juxtiphi
2008-09-25, 03:01 PM
Nero EXPRESS uses the nxMyFLA.dll to burn flac directly to cd it only works with nero express and comes with flac frontend or atleast it used to.

I believe it needs to be put in the nero plugin folder located in c\program files\commonfiles\nero\plugins

no need to convert to wav with this.

AAR.oner
2008-09-26, 06:38 AM
Yes