PDA

View Full Version : convert video to hard drive then to dvd ?

stewart
2008-08-29, 09:27 AM
hi i have some videos i want put on to dvd but there only way of doing it is if someone has there computer plugged into the tv so that what you watch on the video can then copy to your hard drive then copy from the hard drive to dvd if anyone can help i would really appreciate it.

showtaper
2008-08-29, 09:59 AM
hi i have some videos i want put on to dvd but there only way of doing it is if someone has there computer plugged into the tv so that what you watch on the video can then copy to your hard drive then copy from the hard drive to dvd if anyone can help i would really appreciate it.

A little more information from you would help. Are you trying to go from tapes
(VHS, Beta, etc) to DVD? Do you have access to a standalone DVD burner?
If not, you'll need some type of capture device (internal capture card, USB
capture device, etc) and authoring software, plus an internal or external DVD
writer.

The best thing to do would be to go to www.videohelp.com and read some of
their tutorials. They have all kind of links to software, codecs and other
tools as well.

stewart
2008-08-29, 10:10 AM
i do have a stand alone vcr dvd recorder but these certain videos i have it will not copy them to dvd i dont know why ? yhey might be copy protected but they have never been released on dvd thats why i need to find away to copy them as my machine wont copy them ?

pawel
2008-08-29, 10:37 AM
Can you please post band name and concert date? Maybe these videos are already digitized.

stewart
2008-08-30, 10:35 AM
m people. live in manchester 1995
wet wet wet. live in wembley 1995
brit awards videos 1995

stantheman1976
2008-08-30, 01:22 PM
Tell what format they are in also. Are they commercially produced VHS tapes? If so they would likely have Macrovision and could not be copied without a device to strip the protection during transfer.

pawel
2008-08-30, 01:31 PM
I don't know these bands, and nothing from 1995 is listed at db.etree.org (http://db.etree.org) If British awards contains gala shots only it rather wasn't issued.

stewart
2008-08-31, 06:46 AM
yes these are all original vhs i have now managed to find someone that has found away to put them on dvd for me.

Five
2008-08-31, 05:21 PM
great to hear

also worth mentioning 99% of standalone transfers will be inferior to PC captures (done correctly). so try for a good PC capture if not now then someday in the future