PDA

View Full Version : Just a head count...

migrantwing
2008-08-21, 09:47 AM
I'm venturing into the realms of DVD editing/burning somewhat timidly. I'm competent with everything 'audio' but the whole video thing is new to me. I want to make back-up copies of DVD's (from disc to HD to blank media) and also be able to edit/cut and burn VOB and ISO files onto blank media. I was wondering what software most people use. I want a simple interface with the best results and without losing image and sound quality. (obviously) Is there an all in one package that will do all this with great results (Roxio/Nero/Xilisoft etc) or is it best to go through a process using various programs? (DVD Shrink/DVD Decrypter etc)

Thanks in advance

Lloydy

U2Lynne
2008-08-21, 10:15 AM
You might want to head over to videohelp.org and look through their tutorials and forums. They have a LOT of information over there and may have a tutorial for exactly what you want.

migrantwing
2008-08-21, 10:43 AM
You might want to head over to videohelp.org and look through their tutorials and forums. They have a LOT of information over there and may have a tutorial for exactly what you want.

Thank you for the direction, Lynne. Much obliged :thumbsup

Lloydy

pawel
2008-08-21, 12:02 PM
To copy a DVD to HD you don't need any (additional) software than standard Windows Explorer. Copy whole VIDEO_TS folder.

edit/cut and burn VOB and ISO files onto blank media.
Do you mean create a DVD from scratch (edit a video, make a menu, add chapters) or burn what you download?

To burn and also copy: http://www.imgburn.com great and free.