PDA

View Full Version : Question About Torrent Software

Grande
2008-08-04, 07:50 AM
I was wondering if there are any particular torrent programs that perform better than others?

I am currently running utorrent 1770 & my download & upload rates are horrible. I rarely seed any faster than 15.0 kb/s & my download max's out at about 83.0 kb/s. I notice that many of my peers are much faster.

U2Lynne
2008-08-04, 09:39 AM
Torrent software really doesn't have anything to do with the speeds. You pay your ISP for a certain upload and download rate (test it out at http://speedtest.net/). Then, how you allocate that is up to you. uTorrent does seem to be the preferred client of the users here (and I'd guess on other sites), with Azureus being second (and probably the first choice for Mac users since we can't get uTorrent).

paddington
2008-08-04, 10:12 AM
just be sure you havn't accidentally limited yourself in the utorrent settings.

splumer
2008-08-06, 04:43 PM
I used to be a dedicated Azureus user, but then they made me download this update that turned it into this crappy imitation of iTunes, so I dumped it for uTorrent and haven't looked back since. There were a couple of features of Azureus that I miss, but it's really no big deal. uTorrent is great, and uses very few system resources.

Five
2008-08-06, 05:57 PM
I tried Azureus a couple years ago, great features but total resource hog. so I use uTorrent.

mooncusser
2008-08-06, 06:02 PM
utorrent
resistance is futile