PDA

View Full Version : NO Sound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please Help!

gooshmoo
2008-07-15, 04:56 PM
I downloaded PHISH 8/17/96 provid and it's got no sound. This has never happened before. What can I do? I don't know what happened. All help appreciated.

AAR.oner
2008-07-15, 05:09 PM
for starters, it always helps if you post a link to the thread yer referring to...for instance, there are 3 different Phish 1996-08-17 torrents that have been seeded here and we don't know which one yer talking about

second, has anyone else in the show's thread posted about audio problems? if not its third, probly an issue on your end and not the seed itself

third, does the md5 check out fine?

AAR.oner
2008-07-15, 05:15 PM
second, has anyone else in the show's thread posted about audio problems? if not its third, probly an issue on your end and not the seed itself

scratch the above post...i recommend reading thru the thread, and yer ? will be answered

gooshmoo
2008-07-15, 05:43 PM
no one else has said anything about it.

AAR.oner
2008-07-15, 06:13 PM
uhhhh, numerous people posted about

Thank you for this - So how do I get it to play on my regular 2 speaker old fashioned stereo system that the dvd player is running through - I get picture, but no sound -it plays audio and video fine on my computer through PowerDVD. But gives an error message through Windows Media Player- Thanks for any advice and thanks again for posting this.

You need to be able to play DTS or have a hardware decoder to mixdown to 2ch.....

Most dvd players can do this by changing certain settings on the DVD player.....

I'm having trouble with this DVD, I burned it using IMGBurn and the video came out fine but there is no audio, both my dvd player and reciever play DTS. Is there anything I can do, should I be using a different program to burn, please help I'm dying to watch this.

You must have a DTS capable DVD player & receiver in order to play this disc.

how come mine doesn't have sound?

DTS 5.1 thats why. Look at page 4 for more answers

uninvited94
2008-07-16, 08:24 AM
Maybe heīs waiting for a "STFU noob"-answer...

However, Iīm going to test my version tomorrow when I find it on a spindle. Itīs hopefully the same one as gooshmoo has, he should give me some hints on his version, lineage and stuff, if itīs necessary.

KoolKat
2008-07-16, 08:42 AM
Maybe heīs waiting for a "STFU noob"-answer...

However, Iīm going to test my version tomorrow when I find it on a spindle. Itīs hopefully the same one as gooshmoo has, he should give me some hints on his version, lineage and stuff, if itīs necessary.

You never need to ask to see if it is the same chap.
Just make an md5 checksum fingerprint of yours ,and then check the hash codes with the fingerprints visible in the torrent thread of what gooshmoo downloaded.If they match then you have the same.

;)

K_K

U2Lynne
2008-07-16, 10:50 AM
You never need to ask to see if it is the same chap.
Just make an md5 checksum fingerprint of yours ,and then check the hash codes with the fingerprints visible in the torrent thread of what gooshmoo downloaded.If they match then you have the same.

;)

K_K
Except we never did get a link to the torrent thread and I think Aaron said there were three different ones for that date. I think that is what uninvited was referring to.

KoolKat
2008-07-16, 03:20 PM
Except we never did get a link to the torrent thread and I think Aaron said there were three different ones for that date. I think that is what uninvited was referring to.

Aahh

K_K

AAR.oner
2008-07-16, 04:43 PM
its this one:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25182

retired
2008-07-16, 05:56 PM
scratch the above post...i recommend reading thru the thread, and yer ? will be answered
Or read the first sentence of the thread
You must have a DTS capable DVD player & receiver in order to play this disc. Although I made this
soundtrack to sound good in a general default setup, everybody's system differs.

KoolKat
2008-07-17, 12:43 AM
Originally my Aah reply to Lynnes post said

gooshmoo says PHISH 8/17/96
Under the banner says search

Least i wasn't alone in thought then.

K_K