PDA

View Full Version : Seed problem

inside99
2008-06-19, 05:04 PM
Uploaded my first seed:
delfest_vincegill2008-05-24flac.torrent

Now trying to open and download the file with my bittorrent client (Azureus) to make it a seed so others can have it. Getting blue faced health issue on Azureus, won't let me download. Says it's downloading, but nothing.

This is probably a common newbie problem but I did read for about an hour throught the FAQ and forum first with no luck. Any help would be appreciated. This is my very first seed anywhere. Thanx.

direwolf-pgh
2008-06-19, 05:09 PM
you are showing up as a leech.

goto your thread & 'download' the torrent file (as if you were a leech)
when you point it to the correct directory (containing the files) it will hash check & seed out.

inside99
2008-06-19, 05:23 PM
Thanx. Looks like it's loaded now and working (I think). I did not point to the original file for my download.

Sorry to make a new post on this. I read and read and could not find the answer before posting the question on a new thread. Thanx again for your patience.

LeifH12345
2008-06-19, 05:31 PM
It looks like you got it going. Try exiting, then re-opening your torrent client, and see if it picks up a faster speed.

inside99
2008-06-19, 05:40 PM
It seems to be flying pretty good right now with the speed. I am still a little confused as to why I need to downlowd the torrent after posting it to make myself a seeder since I already have the files that had to be originally uploaded in the first place. Other than that I learned so much today about torrents, at least in terms of giving as opposed to taking...whew.

LeifH12345
2008-06-19, 05:43 PM
You'll get the hang of it. :cheers:

GRC
2008-06-19, 05:45 PM
Q for any mod listening - what IS the actual difference between the torrent file that I would 'attach' to an original post for an audio torrent (created on my PC with Azureus), and the 'personalised' torrent file that I would download once the original post was up (and which I would open with Azureus to start seeding)? Is it something as simple as the tracker tagging it with a username, or is there more to it behind the scenes?

Regards, Graham