PDA

View Full Version : On Azureus, what does "scrape OK" under tracker status mean?

fonzbear2000
2008-06-15, 06:04 PM
It was seeding fine for the longest time. It recently changed to this and won't seed anymore.

rspencer
2008-06-15, 07:09 PM
0 peers. No one is downloading. You can't seed to someone who isn't there.

SundayDriver
2008-06-15, 07:38 PM
Scrape OK means it checked in with the tracker and got info from it.

U2Lynne
2008-06-17, 12:50 PM
Scape OK means you don't even have the torrent turned "on". It means it is just talking to the tracker to find out the tracker status (and update the seeds and peers). You need to turn the torrent on in order to try to seed. (However, as already pointed out, even it it was turned on, there are 0 leechers and you can't seed a show with no leechers.)

GRC
2008-06-17, 05:15 PM
Keep in mind, though - it might have no leechers right now, but come back a few days later and it may have picked up some more interest and may then be in need of seeders (e.g. someone else notices it when someone posts a 'Thank You' in the thread, which brings it to the top of the forum again, and when it gets noticed, a second wave of activity starts....)

paddington
2008-06-17, 05:19 PM
Scape OK means you don't even have the torrent turned "on". It means it is just talking to the tracker to find out the tracker status (and update the seeds and peers). You need to turn the torrent on in order to try to seed. (However, as already pointed out, even it it was turned on, there are 0 leechers and you can't seed a show with no leechers.)

out! :nono:

Charles Taylor
2011-04-10, 11:31 PM
Excuse me for asking stupid questions in this learned forum: When I want to continue seeding and the status is "scrape ok"", do I just leave the torrent in the list when there is no trackers and wait for them to come back :hmm: