PDA

View Full Version : Firefox and the internet in general

Al FS
2008-06-15, 12:50 AM
Ok, I got lucky with TTD but myspace and gmail and a few other sites are stalling. I have bellsouth DSL so... any help?

(I will try IE in a moment and will edit post as necessary.)

EDIT: IE works so... WTF?!

The Sixth Rat Packer
2008-06-15, 01:18 AM
Dunno. I use Firefox.

Are you using the Beta for 3? I tried the Beta today (the stable version releases on Tuesday the 17th), but quickly reverted back to 2.0.0.4 because when I went to open streaming audio from Fox Sports.com it crashed repeatedly whenever I tried to open it.

So for now I'm with Firefox 2.0

Had no issues with Gmail or Myspace.

Al FS
2008-06-15, 01:29 AM
I've got the same... piece of shit computer or ISP probably... :mad:

I'll go get the beta and try, or just a fresh install...

EDIT: Beta = same shit... I HATE IE AND WINDOWS AND MICROSOFT... but seriously... why does it work in IE but not Firefox?

Five
2008-06-15, 05:12 AM
I can't answer that... but I am posting using Opera and quite like it.

mooncusser
2008-06-15, 11:09 AM
You might be having an issue with a Firefox extension, check out this site:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Problematic_extensions

I had a problem with FF stalling, slowing down and sometimes needing multiple refreshes to load a page.

The problem turned out to be the extension for Down Them All, which screwed up some of the HTTP settings. Unfortunately, uninstalling the extension didn't fix it and manual edits were needed (simple enough to do once you know how).

Al FS
2008-06-15, 01:02 PM
Well son of a bitch... mooncusser... I think that's my problem... Got a link to the instructions of could you post the instructions? Thank you!

And if it don't work, I'll try Opera.

mooncusser
2008-06-15, 02:12 PM
check out the link above, then scroll down to the section for Down Them All. try that out. if you need something more detailed, let me know.

saltman
2008-06-16, 02:07 PM
You can disable your extensions to test it out. without uninstalling them. Pretty sure that works.

tools > add ons - disable all of them to test. turn them on one by one.

Al FS
2008-06-16, 09:26 PM
It's ok now. It was probably related to the computer in general. I did a system restore and ALL is well now. ^.^ Thanks for the help though.

mooncusser
2008-06-17, 08:50 PM
You can disable your extensions to test it out. without uninstalling them. Pretty sure that works.

tools > add ons - disable all of them to test. turn them on one by one.

might work for some, but it didn't fix the Down Them All issue, since the network settings aren't reversed by disabling the extension. but DtA were supposed to fixed the problem with their new version.

Al FS
2008-06-19, 06:53 PM
I had to do a system restore so it was something else, but thanks for the help.