PDA

View Full Version : UDP flood

alg
2008-06-03, 04:34 PM
I use bit torrent 4.1.1.
All of a sudden I am getting multiple UDP floods in the router log & Dime has just told me to stop hammering the site with announcements whilst seeding.

Is it me or other swarm clients ??

Port forward 50000-50006 if that helps the answer

Thanks

saltman
2008-06-03, 05:23 PM
I am no expert. I think that is common of that client. We have banned versions of that client for the same thing. I am sure Lynne will be along with some experience to confirm.

paddington
2008-06-03, 08:04 PM
recommend: uTorrent.

mooncusser
2008-06-03, 08:51 PM
the mainline client has been inferior for ages.

utorrent is the best choice in my opinion

Thulani
2008-06-04, 02:15 AM
The message regarding the hammering of the tracker i get it too on Dime and I use utorrent (after next announce it goes to working status).

alg
2008-06-04, 03:27 AM
I am no expert. I think that is common of that client. We have banned versions of that client for the same thing. I am sure Lynne will be along with some experience to confirm.

Version 5 was banned but I like the earlier version as its simple !

I will look at utorrent if thats likely to make a difference

U2Lynne
2008-06-04, 09:43 AM
Yeah, it was version 5 which hammers.

Some of the clients have logs that you can look at (I know Azureus does). Usually, the client tries to connect with the tracker and if it can't, it sets a new time to do so. Then, if it still doesn't, it tries again and again until it can. Usually that time is some percentage of the normal announce or scrape time. But, people can change it and I wonder if you accidentally changed it when trying to change another setting.

Can you go back to default settings and then make sure you only change the ones you need to change?

alg
2008-06-05, 09:34 AM
Only changed port number & seed forever. I have installed utorrent and configured that via one port 50000. We shall see. Thanks