PDA

View Full Version : How do I use my client with multiple XP logins?

magma2
2008-06-01, 07:41 AM
All of my kids recently made their own separate windows (XP) logins. However, now my uTorrent client only works when I log in.

Is there a way to set up my client so that it will start regardless of who logs in under their own name?

Is there another client that is better suited for what I need.

Thank you.

Thulani
2008-06-01, 08:38 AM
Copy the files from:
C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USERNAME\Application Data\uTorrent\

to

C:\Program Files\uTorrent (folder where utorrent has been installed)

magma2
2008-06-01, 10:35 AM
Copy the files from:
C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USERNAME\Application Data\uTorrent\

to

C:\Program Files\uTorrent (folder where utorrent has been installed)

I tried that, but uTorrent still doesn't start up when my kids log in. :hmm:

mooncusser
2008-06-01, 10:40 AM
Try logging in under their accounts, setting utorrent to load at start-up and to autostart torrents in the folder you choose.

You can't set it in your account to load/run in other accounts. Gotta do it in each one.

Thulani
2008-06-01, 10:52 AM
If utorrent in your account is set to start with windows then just execute the program in each account. From now on it will start with windows in each account.

magma2
2008-06-02, 07:42 PM
If utorrent in your account is set to start with windows then just execute the program in each account. From now on it will start with windows in each account.

Thanks, but it didn't work. When I execute uTorrent in each account, it starts but all my nice and seeds are nowhere to be found.

mooncusser
2008-06-02, 09:25 PM
You need to put them in a folder that is accessible by all account. You will probably want to use common folders for the torrents, downloads and completed items. I mentioned earlier that there is also a setting in utorrent to automatically start any torrents in a specified folder. Might be useful, since you don't want your kids to have to start the program and start your shares.