PDA

View Full Version : Strange thing when transferring files from dvd to HD

The Sixth Rat Packer
2008-05-24, 05:47 PM
I just transferred a DVD files folder (VIDEO_TS, and VIDEO_RM) over to the HD and it was taking a LOOOONG time, but I just let it go through.

So once it was done it totaled 11.2 gigs! Off of one dvd5.

When looking at the files, it was obvious what had happened, but I'm not sure WHY it did this.

It took the four VOB files and duped them so it read as follows:

VTS_01_1.vob
VTS_01_2.vob
VTS_01_3.vob
VTS_01_4.vob
VTS_02_1.vob
VTS_02_2.vob

and so on all the way through VTS_04_4.vob

Everything from 02_1 is a dupe of the first four files.

So obviously I guess I can just delete all the dupe vob files, but the question remains....what the hell caused THAT?

The Sixth Rat Packer
2008-05-24, 06:00 PM
okay now this is REALLY weird.

I have a blue TDK DVD+R 4.7g RW disc that when I open it up, all those files are on there and it says that 11.2 gigs is stored on there.

WTF?

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/3981/enduremn5.jpg

U2Lynne
2008-05-24, 07:05 PM
Um..... that is very strange.

What I would do is make an md5 of the files on the DVD. That will give you a starting point and you can at least see if the md5s of VTS_01_1.vob is the same as the one for VTS_02_1.vob.

Another thing you could try is move the VTS_02_1.vob (and on) files to another folder. Then, open up your PC DVD player and play the VIDEO_TS folder that has VTS_01_1.vob in it. See if it plays.

None of that helps explain *why* this is happening though. I'll let someone else take a stab at that.

KoolKat
2008-05-25, 01:21 AM
Send the disc to Phillips and say "bet you can't do this"
Beats me this one.

I myself have a disc that is 1.3 Gb but when decrypted has 4 Gb on it.Actually ,you all might have that one yourselves if you have the disc that just has Moody Blues at Bilzen Fest 69 on it.There is a Rolling Stones concert on it to as unseen vobs that will only play if you change the extention to .mpg once ripped.

Maybe you have 2 other massive Easter Eggs....lol

The Sixth Rat Packer
2008-05-25, 03:00 AM
Nah, it's the same concert just duped over twice.

There should only be the VTS_01_1 - VTS_01_4

Everything after that is just a redo of the others.

I click on the first one in each set and it's the beginning of the concert.

Weird, though.