PDA

View Full Version : Creating a Torrent From CD

samiam236
2008-05-24, 05:13 PM
Hi all...

Been here for a while, leaching and seeding. Now.....it is time to contribute.:clap:

However, I have no idea where to start. I have a bunch of boots on CD that I would be happy to share.

Is there a general 'easy' way to get this going? I grabbed Trader's Little Helper, but I don't have a clue what I'm doing.

Please help!

Sam

LeifH12345
2008-05-24, 05:50 PM
Grab EAC (Exact Audio Copy) to rip the disc(s).
Make sure you do a lossless rip.

You can later use Trader's Little Helper to encode the wav files to flac, and then seed here.

U2Lynne
2008-05-24, 07:07 PM
Here is the FAQ on how to create an Audio Torrent: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_audioguide You should take a look at that because it has a LOT of information in it including information on what you need to use to rip the CD.

(Also see the Seeding Guide here: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item#faq_rules )

samiam236
2008-05-24, 07:13 PM
Thanks guys!

samiam236
2008-05-24, 08:53 PM
Um........Is this supposed to be easy?

If so..........I'm having serious problems. I can't even get the CD ripped using EAC. There is so much to set up and I am confused.

I need easy, step by step instructions, no tekkie stuff......I don't care about the math involved, just need to know how to get to the answer.

I have EAC now and it shows the files, what now?

LeifH12345
2008-05-24, 11:48 PM
You want to save the files somewhere.

Then convert them to flac.

samiam236
2008-05-25, 11:54 AM
I was using the instructions for setting up EAC, but some parts of the instructions don't match up exactly making me think I have a newer version of EAC and will it work ok? How important are all of those wacky settings?

I spent 2 hours on this yesterday!:hmm:

direwolf-pgh
2008-05-25, 01:23 PM
I was using the instructions for setting up EAC, but some parts of the instructions don't match up exactly making me think I have a newer version of EAC and will it work ok? How important are all of those wacky settings?

I spent 2 hours on this yesterday!:hmm:with the new versions of EAC you just use the auto-config wizard. (detects optimum drive settings/capabilities)

then top menu: EAC > Drive Options > change to secure mode (default is burst)

done.
+++++++++++++++++++++++

rip (15mins) > convert to flac (10 mins) > create torrent file with torrent client (2 mins)> seed out

the process shouldnt take days.

im sure others will drop in and say you have to configure the laser/tracking system by hand..whatever.
ive never had issues with the default methods of the program. manual tweaking always seemed a bad idea imo. trust the program.
maybe the FAQ on EAC is way outdated.

2¢ opinion. hope that helps

U2Lynne
2008-05-25, 01:57 PM
I'm doing my first ever EAC extraction ever. How exciting! :cool:

So far, it's been easy. I did the wizard when I first started it up a week or so ago. Today I just put the disc in, started up Parallels, started up EAC, it had the list of files in the window, I checked Drive Options and it already said Secure Mode (maybe I did that when the wizard ran?), then I selected the five songs, right-clicked to Extract > Uncompressed. It says it will take about 20 minutes? We'll see what the result is. :)

samiam236
2008-05-25, 03:56 PM
You guys make it sound so easy and it probably is.......

2 questions....

what is parallels?

how do I rip in EAC? Where is the command?

samiam236
2008-05-25, 04:44 PM
OK......

Got the tracks ripped. What is the best way to convert to FLAC? Is 'Switch' good enough?

Then, how do I get those algorithm code things? (Checksum)

Pardon my ignorance!

LeifH12345
2008-05-25, 04:49 PM
Don't use Switch to convert to flac. Use Traders Little Helper to encode the files. Also use it to make FFP checksums.

samiam236
2008-05-25, 05:25 PM
Well....

My first one is up.....finally......

Let's see how it goes.

Thanks for all the help and for putting up with my lack of skills!:wave:

diggrd
2008-05-25, 10:59 PM
Unless you have a great connection you might want to stick to seeding just 1 torrent at a time. Just a suggestion.

splumer
2008-05-27, 08:14 AM
Another suggestion: please rename the files after you rip them. "Track01," "Track02" does no one any good. Name them like this: artistyear-mm-dd-d1t01, etc., where "d1" refers to disc 1 and "t01" refers to track 1.