PDA

View Full Version : Scrape Error: Hash missing from reply

Keith Moon
2008-05-11, 09:05 PM
Folks,
I downloaded a Led Zep DVD: LZ - EC 75 torrent DVD.

I seeded it for a short while but now get errors; the latest says the hash is missing from the reply.

Not sure what to do. I haven't done anything to the files other than to download and then seed them. (IOW, I just clicked on the torrent URL and Azureus did the rest.) No modifications, no burning, no nothing.

Any ideas? Would love to seed this and get my ratio back up

Best,

km

U2Lynne
2008-05-11, 11:15 PM
A link to the DVD would help especially since I can only find one Zep DVD on the tracker and it is not from 75.

Keith Moon
2008-05-12, 04:20 AM
Based on the info text file I think it's this one:

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37043&highlight=zeppelin

-km

direwolf-pgh
2008-05-12, 07:00 AM
Based on the info text file I think it's this one:

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37043&highlight=zeppelin

-kmyou would/should receive a hash/tracker error on that torrent - its inactive. (not on the tracker anymore)

if you are attempting to RESEED. create a new torrent thread - label it as a reseed - give a link to the original torrent thread.

Keith Moon
2008-05-12, 09:07 AM
I'd be happy to re-seed. Can you point me to some place in the FAQ where it tells me how to do that? Do I have to create a new torrent file or just a new thread?

Thanks,

km

direwolf-pgh
2008-05-12, 09:15 AM
(scroll up) top menu > FAQ> How to Create an Audio Seed

U2Lynne
2008-05-12, 09:37 AM
(scroll up) top menu > FAQ> How to Create an Audio Seed
Or FAQ > How to Create a Video Seed if it's a video

If you have any questions trying to follow that, just ask in this forum.

Keith Moon
2008-05-12, 10:33 AM
Do I have to create a new torrent file, or just point to the existing one?

-km

U2Lynne
2008-05-12, 11:03 AM

-km
You need to treat it like a brand new show you are uploading, so yes, you need to make a new torrent file.

Keith Moon
2008-05-12, 01:18 PM

-km
You need to treat it like a brand new show you are uploading, so yes, you need to make a new torrent file.

Do I need to remove it from Azureus before I create the new torrent? Should I keep the old torrent file somewhere or just delete it?

-km

U2Lynne
2008-05-12, 02:13 PM

Do I need to remove it from Azureus before I create the new torrent? Should I keep the old torrent file somewhere or just delete it?

-km
Yes you should remove it from Azureus. You could end up with some problems if you leave it there. And no, you don't need to keep the old one - just dump it.