PDA

View Full Version : Why am I being re-directed to profile.php?

Chrisedge
2005-04-04, 10:32 AM
If I click on my link to the traders den, it "sends" me to (after a second or two, just like a re-direct):

http://www.thetradersden.org/profile.php

(BTW, my link is simply http://www.thetradersden.org)

U2Lynne
2005-04-04, 11:06 AM
Yes, I've noticed that happening a couple of times lately on my PC (not on my Mac). I've been searching on the vBulletin board lately to see if anyone else is having that problem, but haven't found anyone else who is.

I *think* this has only started to happen recently and the only thing I know we've done is upgrade our php version on April 1. I'm not sure if that is related though. I still need to go do some more searching around.

catric69
2005-04-04, 11:33 AM
Last couple of days signing on too trader's den, I have received the same message. I am running windows. :hmm:

cmaz
2005-04-04, 11:44 AM
i had the very same problem signing on just now.

U2Lynne
2005-04-04, 11:46 AM
I read another post about this on vBulletin (from a year ago) and the poster seemed to think it was related to Daylight Savings Time. I've got a post in over there now asking about this. Hopefully I'll get a reply in the forums, if not I'll submit a support ticket.

saltman
2005-04-04, 12:32 PM
i don't think it's related to daylight savings time... mine started doing it atleast 4 days ago.. it would pull the home screen for a sec from my cache then I'd get a 404. had to redo my bookmark links.. now everything is ok

U2Lynne
2005-04-04, 12:50 PM
Do you remember what your bookmark used to be and what it is now?

I'm trying to duplicate this for the guy at vBulletin and I'm just not getting it to do it right now.

toys
2005-04-04, 12:58 PM
I've had the same thing happening to me, so has doorcoq. I reset my bookmark, and it still happens. Bookmark was/is for http://www.thetradersden.org/

Rider
2005-04-04, 01:03 PM
Do you remember what your bookmark used to be and what it is now?

I'm trying to duplicate this for the guy at vBulletin and I'm just not getting it to do it right now.

It happens to me everytime I log on, I thought it was jsut something on my end.

bowman
2005-04-04, 04:45 PM
What browsers / OS are you dudes running?

jcrab66
2005-04-04, 04:48 PM
my bookmark is :http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/index.php? and I have never had the problem you guys are experiencing.....

U2Lynne
2005-04-04, 04:57 PM
Yeah, it seems to be something related to our homepage http://www.thetradersden.org which is outside of the forums folder. At least, that is according to the vBulletin guy. He also seems to think it is related to DST, but I wrote back saying some people had noticed this bug prior to Sunday's change in time. I haven't gotten a response since I wrote that back and asked for some advice on what to change to make our home page work.

Billster
2005-04-04, 06:18 PM
I *think* this has only started to happen recently and the only thing I know we've done is upgrade our php version on April 1. I'm not sure if that is related though. I still need to go do some more searching around.

Actually, it's funny to see this thread....this used to happen to me here all the time, maybe a couple months back. But now recently, when it's apparently happening to a number of folks, it hasn't happened to me for weeks :confused:

toys
2005-04-04, 06:24 PM
Internet Explorer/Windows XP

Billster
2005-04-04, 07:20 PM
I am running Firefox, and as I said, this used to happen to me constantly at this site a month or so back. But it hasn't happened for weeks.

thebigguy
2005-04-04, 07:49 PM
happens to me as well.

dorrcoq
2005-04-05, 06:10 PM

IE/XP at home, Mozilla/XP at work - same thing both places

writenroll
2005-04-06, 12:57 AM
Mod-sters,
If you have change access to your root pages, open global.php and look for
AND $bbuserinfo['dstauto'] == 1
Change to
AND $bbuserinfo['dstauto'] == 1 AND $bbuserinfo['userid']

That should fix er right up.

U2Lynne
2005-04-06, 10:37 AM
Hi writtenroll,

global.php already says that:

$show['dst_correction'] = iif((($sessioncreated AND THIS_SCRIPT == 'index') OR THIS_SCRIPT == 'usercp') AND $bbuserinfo['dstauto'] == 1 AND $bbuserinfo['userid'], true, false);

The problem happens on the index page that is outside of the /forums folder. But, thanks for the heads up on where the problem arises from. I'll see if I can fix that line to include that page.

saltman
2005-04-06, 11:00 AM
Yeah, it seems to be something related to our homepage http://www.thetradersden.org which is outside of the forums folder. At least, that is according to the vBulletin guy. He also seems to think it is related to DST, but I wrote back saying some people had noticed this bug prior to Sunday's change in time. I haven't gotten a response since I wrote that back and asked for some advice on what to change to make our home page work.

I think this must be the case except I think it does not have anything to do with DST... I don't remember my bookmark. but it was for the home page and not a forum. I only use firefox so I can't say if it is a problem with multiple browsers. It did start happening to me about the time I put the latest update of firefox on which was atleast a week prior to DST. don't know if the update is related or not. I figured that was my problem and just rebookmarked it. it hasn't done it sense then. I am still using the home page for my bookmark also. Another strange thing is it only did it at my home computer and never my work computer. both on firefox and both updated at the same time. This makes me think it is not browser specific also.

overlordprod
2005-04-08, 09:52 PM
Yes, I've noticed that happening a couple of times lately on my PC (not on my Mac). I've been searching on the vBulletin board lately to see if anyone else is having that problem, but haven't found anyone else who is.

It's been going on with my computer for about 2 to 3 weeks now. Thought it was just me.

offshores7
2005-04-09, 05:02 PM
It happens to me on Internet Explorer. Couldn't even get into the site because of this, so I tried Firefox and it doesn't happen on Firefox. Weird.

VanderVander
2005-04-14, 08:38 PM
It happened to me today. My cache didn't have the quick link in it, so I actually followed the Google link and I got redirected to the profile page.

I'm using Safari on OS X.

cmaz
2005-04-15, 02:49 PM
For what it's worth...it is no longer happening to me. And i am not aware of changing anything, it seems to have just...stopped happening.

bgoode
2005-04-15, 08:04 PM
Its been happening, and still happens to me, on OS X with Safari.

U2Lynne
2005-04-15, 10:43 PM
Can those of you still having problems try clearing your cache and then see if it still happens?

I used to be able to reproduce this with my PC (and firefox), but I can't now. And, I just opened up Safari for the first time in a week and it didn't do it. It's frustrating trying to track this down when I can get it to do it for myself.

bgoode
2005-04-15, 11:58 PM
I tried changing my bookmark and clearing my cache and it still does it.

VanderVander
2005-04-16, 12:14 PM
It happened to me again, but only the first time I go to the main page. If I open a new window and follow the bookmark, I don't get redirected.

Presence
2005-04-23, 07:16 PM
Yep, happens to me all the time now.

bgoode
2005-05-14, 10:47 AM
It stopped happening to me yesterday. I did nothing different than before.

tumbleweed
2005-05-18, 08:31 AM
this started happening to me a couple of days ago.

tumbleweed
2005-06-01, 01:21 PM
this is still happening when i click through from my bookmark for tradersden.org
i get that stupid white page and i have to click on it to get here.
i dunno :confused:

dancin_carrot
2005-10-31, 04:15 PM
This was happening to me back when this thread was started... And now it's happening again. Anyone else experiencing this?

cmaz
2005-10-31, 04:23 PM
This was happening to me back when this thread was started... And now it's happening again. Anyone else experiencing this?

Yep, started happening to me again, too.

U2Lynne
2005-10-31, 04:44 PM
It has to do with the time change, I think. If I recall correctly, this thread was started when we went to Daylight Saving Time and people started having the problem. Now, we just changed back and you are having this problem again. There is a fix, but it's for people using vBadvanced, which we aren't, and the 'fix' makes no sense unless you are. Let me play with making a fix on our test site and see what happens.

U2Lynne
2005-10-31, 05:40 PM
OK, I made a change to the code. I hope I didn't break other pages. Let me know if it's still happening.

bgoode
2005-10-31, 11:48 PM
Its stopped for me. It did it earlier today though. Thanks Lynne.

cmaz
2005-11-01, 12:54 PM
Stopped happening to me.

Thanks, Lynne!

dancin_carrot
2005-11-01, 09:40 PM
Yeah me too. Thanks!

U2Lynne
2005-11-01, 09:44 PM
Well, hopefully my six months of experience with php since this was last posted has helped. I hope the problem is solved.