PDA

View Full Version : hi-md problems!

chinajoe
2008-04-05, 08:46 PM
looks like my hi-md mz-m10 crapped out on me. it plays discs, and i can still record. i get to the "data save" screen w/ no problem however, when it comes time to write it to the disc, it just keeps the "system file writing" flashing on the screen. i thought it was bad discs, or batteries. but i tried new ones several times with no luck. any of you ever see this before? can it be fixed? the worst thing about all this is timing...

Five
2008-04-07, 06:34 PM
I haven't seen this problem before. if you're still under warranty you can exchange it (I think its 2yrs). all I can find online is mention of the disc problem with some batches... if you can, try your hi-md disc in another hi-md recorder, and also try formatting an old style regular md disc and see if that works.

also you might want to register on the board at minidisc.org and check with them... they really know their minidisc over there!

chinajoe
2008-04-07, 10:04 PM
^^^ thanks for help. the warrenty on it is 90 days parts/labor.i bought it at sam ash and spent 30.00 for the extended warrenty. and when i dropped it off, i picked up an r9