PDA

View Full Version : another azureus question..but not so dumb, I hope.

daddyray
2008-04-04, 05:08 PM
With Azureus, can one set it up so that one can seed off of an external HD? I keep wanting to continue to seed things but get burnt by limited HD space on my Mac. Could I perhaps in preferences set up Azureus to download not to documents but to an external hard drive and then will I be able to seed as I Dl and after that? Is this just a dream of mine? Does anyone else do this? Is it less effective (poorer speeds etc). I don't wanna mess up so I thought I'd asked the pros. I am hoping someone else does this and can tell me it is a safe choice.
thanks.
b

GIGFY26
2008-04-04, 06:46 PM
Here's a recent thread about external drives.
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=56302

I only use external drives [actually internal drives mounted in USB enclosures with a fan] but use uTorrent. I can't believe it would be any different in Azereus. When you download, just save to the external drive instead of C:\My Music etc.

Good Luck

JGH1
2008-04-04, 09:55 PM
b, i'm on an iMac and never download to the documents folder. i use a desktop folder. it shouldn't matter where the folder is as long as you point Azureus to it.

John

AAR.oner
2008-04-05, 06:24 AM
Preferences > Files > Default Directory [change current file path to the external or wherever you want it to d/l to]

click Save and yer done

daddyray
2008-04-05, 09:54 AM
thanks for the helping limb.

daddyray
2009-08-01, 06:01 PM
back from the dead I will revive this thread
Some how Azureus was just playing light jazz at me.....I open it to start a Dl and this quiet pulse started I thought it was my computer being noisy and bad til I turned it up. Azureus was the only app open. When I closed it the music stopped. Reopened the music was gone....I do not have this music on my HD...very weird.

direwolf-pgh
2009-08-01, 06:09 PM
did it speak to you and/or tell you to do things you didn't want to do?

daddyray
2009-08-01, 06:12 PM
I will be at your doorstep shortly REDRUM REDRUM :cool:

direwolf-pgh
2009-08-01, 06:16 PM
:ah:

but seriously... I would bet that your speakers picked up an AM radio signal.

or you're on the verge of completely losing it - try going outside for a nice walk

daddyray
2009-08-01, 06:27 PM
I am going with haunted Mac...this thing is winding down.

U2Lynne
2009-08-01, 10:18 PM
Ah, the old haunted mac syndrome!

It wasn't anything you were downloading? Do you use the Vuze interface or the Classic Azureus interface? If using the Vuze interface, I notice there is some beta thing about playback that is there. Perhaps you accidentally turned it on or it was trying to get your attention?

direwolf-pgh
2009-08-01, 10:28 PM
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/743009.html
http://www.stevelarkins.freeuk.com/computer_interference.htm

ive seen/heard this happen before. it is kinda spooky.

there are a lot of frequencies in the air :hide: put a tinfoil hat on your mac

Karst
2009-08-02, 02:28 AM
It's the freemasons trying to get into your computer. ;)