PDA

View Full Version : ? re: List and Excel

AAR.oner
2005-04-02, 11:51 AM
noticed that some of the shows in my list are "out of order" and i am a newbie with excel/spreadsheets...

i have my columns set up as follows:
A -- Band
B -- Date
etc..etc...

i was wonderin if there is a way to have excel automatically sort my list first by band name, and then by date, sos i don't have to manually cut and paste to get each artist's shows in chronological order...thanks for the help
cheers! aar.onerrrrrrrr

lostboy
2005-04-02, 01:59 PM
In Excel, click on data in the toolbar, then sort. In the "sort by" box, it should list "Band" (the header of the first column). In the "then by" box, click the down arrow and select "date". Then click "ok" and it should be sorted for you.

rherron
2005-04-02, 03:03 PM
In Excel, click on data in the toolbar, then sort. In the "sort by" box, it should list "Band" (the header of the first column). In the "then by" box, click the down arrow and select "date". Then click "ok" and it should be sorted for you.

Make sure you click on a single cell in Excel before sorting (typically cell A1 -- the top left cell). If you have, for example, highlighted a number of cells, or a column, the sort function may not work properly.

Rob

AAR.oner
2005-04-02, 04:55 PM
thanks ya'll...easier than i expected...don't know why i missed the sort function in the toolbar...doh
cheers!