PDA

View Full Version : Seeding speed/Want to give back

timgerr
2005-03-31, 10:53 PM
I just got 5 great vid boots in dvd format of the WHO. A great 1975 Huston TX, Charleston 74, 1973 Cow Palace (Where Keith Moon passes out during the performance because ho took to many horse tranquilizers). The question is what is everyone’s upload speed, I want to contribute but I am capped at 256bps. I want to give back.

Thanks,
Timgerr

timgerr
2005-03-31, 10:54 PM
And the full wood stock performance too.

EvenInHisYouth
2005-04-01, 05:34 AM
I have a really poor connection in my room at the moment... It's a wireless connection and my dad (who I'm connected through the wireless to) gets like 30 kb/s. I get about.. 8 downloading and 3 uploading. You can tell how long it takes me to get a 1:1 on a DVD. I have to leave things going for weeks to help others out and this means I tend to keep myself away from EZTree or the forums here incase I see something I really want.

Does anyone know how to configure my Azureus to be the best from a wireless connection? We are getting our connection tripled in the next week but I'm worried that I may still get a really really shit connection here.

:(

Hottiemagnet
2005-04-01, 05:54 AM
At some moments 120 kB/s :D

U2Lynne
2005-04-01, 08:52 AM
256 kb/s is like 32 KB/s in BT talk. I used to seed shows all the time when my upload was capped at 32. Just make sure you are in SuperSeed Mode so that it goes a bit faster.

Even, I would make sure that your ports are properly forwarded to your computer and that Azureus is using that same port (default is 6881).

Oh, and I currently get about 52 KB/s upload (around 425 kb/s, I think).

RainDawg
2005-04-01, 10:40 AM
256 is plenty to maintain a 1:1 down/up ratio and seed shows. I used to seed on a 128 back in the STG days, and it was never an issue. If people want a seed, they'll wait a day or so for it to get out there....if they don't like it, the hell with them.

EvenInHisYouth
2005-04-01, 11:49 AM
256 kb/s is like 32 KB/s in BT talk. I used to seed shows all the time when my upload was capped at 32. Just make sure you are in SuperSeed Mode so that it goes a bit faster.

Even, I would make sure that your ports are properly forwarded to your computer and that Azureus is using that same port (default is 6881).

Oh, and I currently get about 52 KB/s upload (around 425 kb/s, I think).

Ok, I always get these little annoying boxes on my Azureus downloader telling me I have port problems.. I just didn't know what to do.

My incoming TCP port is set at 6881 so that's right, how do I make sure my computer is using 'the same port'?

U2Lynne
2005-04-01, 11:57 AM
Ok, I always get these little annoying boxes on my Azureus downloader telling me I have port problems.. I just didn't know what to do.

My incoming TCP port is set at 6881 so that's right, how do I make sure my computer is using 'the same port'?
You need to get to your router and forward the posts to your computer. I have a couple of links in my sig about it and there are also links on the Links page (menu > Quick Links > Other Links).

EvenInHisYouth
2005-04-01, 12:07 PM
Thankyou very much.

EvenInHisYouth
2005-04-01, 01:38 PM
Ok, I don't get it.

rerem
2005-04-09, 02:28 AM
I have a really poor connection in my room at the moment... It's a wireless connection and my dad (who I'm connected through the wireless to) gets like 30 kb/s. I get about.. 8 downloading and 3 uploading. You can tell how long it takes me to get a 1:1 on a DVD. I have to leave things going for weeks to help others out and this means I tend to keep myself away from EZTree or the forums here incase I see something I really want.

Does anyone know how to configure my Azureus to be the best from a wireless connection? We are getting our connection tripled in the next week but I'm worried that I may still get a really really shit connection here.

:(
I found Auzeris slower than good old bit tornado. This sounds odd,when we had basic DSL I got max 150k DL's,now its 4x that. We have a wireless linksys but I am wired,via ethernet,which is faster. Are you port forwarded? Can you string ethernet cable and plug-in? Can you move the router to where you get signal? With DSL promos only about $20 a month and routers down to $25-40,is it worth it to ride on Dad's connection? Get your own line,costs little more than a storebought CD

iamhydrogen
2005-04-09, 03:08 AM
go to portforward.com that site made my life exponetially better :D

squire23
2005-05-29, 07:21 PM
When you're in Superseed mode what do you limit your maximum connections to?

AAR.oner
2005-05-30, 10:43 AM
When you're in Superseed mode what do you limit your maximum connections to?

i'm not an expert re: BT, but i'm pretty sure if yer the original seed [the only time you should be in SuperSeed mode] just leave the Max Connections empty [or unlimited or however yer BT client prefers] the point of SuperSeed being that yer getting as much out there as quickly as possible

i'm not 100%, but pretty sure ;)

Five
2005-05-30, 11:20 AM
you could always expriment... the default in some clients is 4 or 6... try 8, 12, 20, 50 or whatever and see how it affects things.