PDA

View Full Version : Most unwanted annoyance with DVD drive

Skippy35
2008-03-16, 06:59 PM
For no particular reason, since this morning if I right-click on either of my dvd drives and press 'properties', software starts installing; from a Sonic Update Manager to Jasc Paint Pro, and won't stop until the computer is shut down. I am not sure why this is or how to get rid of it. As far as I know I have no bugs on my computer. I wondered if anyone has ever had that problem before or knows how to solve it.
I've tried everything I know (which is not much) to get rid of this pest!

Any help will be smiled upon. :D

Skippy

Karst
2008-03-17, 04:15 PM
Sounds like a virus, I'd run a good check if I were you.

Skippy35
2008-03-17, 05:04 PM
I did run a pretty comprehensive check last night which bought up no indication of bugs. I ran norton anti-virus, a2 and spybot - just in case.

On the plus side, I have figured out a way to view 'properties' of drives without having to go to my computer so I can scoot around the problem if there is no solution.

tgunn2760
2008-03-17, 08:15 PM
For no particular reason, since this morning if I right-click on either of my dvd drives and press 'properties', software starts installing; from a Sonic Update Manager to Jasc Paint Pro, and won't stop until the computer is shut down. I am not sure why this is or how to get rid of it. As far as I know I have no bugs on my computer. I wondered if anyone has ever had that problem before or knows how to solve it.
I've tried everything I know (which is not much) to get rid of this pest!

Any help will be smiled upon. :D

Skippy

Something similar happens to me when I go into a particular site, Adobe Acrobat Pro starts installing, but I can click it to stop.

pawel
2008-03-18, 05:15 AM
If it's Windoze, maybe registry is corrupted. Try to uninstall and reinstall both progs.