PDA

View Full Version : DOWNLOAD FINISHES AND DOESN'T AUTO UPLOAD

Justifier
2008-03-13, 09:21 AM
Hello,
I am having issues with my client not uploading back to your site after I finish downloading a torrent from here. If you could give me some help it would be much appreciated because my ratio is suffering for it. I am using Utorrent Thanks!

paddington
2008-03-13, 09:44 AM
two possibilities:

1) you ISP is limiting you so you can't upload if you aren't downloading. Who is your ISP?

2) uTorrent has a setting that will turn upload speeds WAY down upon reaching 100%. It used to be the default, but I think they changed it.
Upgrade uTorrent to the current version, then:
In uTorrent, go to
Options>Preferences>Queing
Make sure you uncheck "Limit the upload rate to" option at the bottom
Set "Ratio is: <=" to 200% or more and set "Seeding time is" to (IGNORE)

click OK, close uTorrent (EXIT, be sure it isn't still in the tray) and restart it for good measure.

If you still have the problem:

1) Are there any leeches left wanting your seed?
2) Your ISP may be blocking you (see first part of post)

U2Lynne
2008-03-13, 10:12 AM
His ISP is Comcast. :cool:

Do a search in this forum for "comcast" and "sandvine" or "sandvining". Comcast does limit (stop) your uploading after you have finished downloading. The thing to do is to limit your download speed to what your upload speed is so that by the time you finish your download, you have a 1:1 ratio.

paddington
2008-03-13, 10:24 AM
His ISP is Comcast. :cool:

mod tools scare me

jwatel
2008-03-18, 08:52 PM
I am having the same problem, I port forwarded my belkin router, set utorrent to upnp and now I am trying the above post to see if that works my isp is verizon. My ratio used to be okay it was at 1.1 now its gone down which is upsetting.
:wtf: