PDA

View Full Version : Connection Error-Invalid Passkey

JF025
2008-03-10, 07:50 PM
I am getting this message for a torrent I just uploaded. There are leechers on the torrent and it seems to be uploading fine, but its not showing up on the tracker. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

paddington
2008-03-10, 07:56 PM
We've had a couple of these during the last week... not sure if there was ever found to be a tracker issue with that or not, but the main reason that happens is when a seeder tries to start seeding using the .torrent file you just uploaded.

The file is modified when you download it to contain a passkey based on your user account so, to start seeding, you need to download the file just like a normal leech would. Do that and point your BT client to the files you hashed and it should check to 100% and you'll start seeding.

JF025
2008-03-10, 07:58 PM
I think I got it working now, thanks.

U2Lynne
2008-03-10, 08:14 PM
We've had a couple of these during the last week... not sure if there was ever found to be a tracker issue with that or not, but the main reason that happens is when a seeder tries to start seeding using the .torrent file you just uploaded.
Actually, they will show the leechers if they have DHT enabled and the leecher has DHT enabled and use the original torrent. It is just a very slow method to upload and you will get the tracker error shown in your client window.